Estate planning attorney Mandarin/Taiwanese speaking

Irvineknight

Need a referral for a Mandarin or Taiwanese speaking estate planning attorney in OC area.

Any one has good experience with one locally ?

Thanks for your help.

What's wrong with an English speaking estate planning attorney. (They might be better. Just saying)

Irvineknight said:
Need a referral for a Mandarin or Taiwanese speaking estate planning attorney in OC area.

Thanks for your help.

eyephone said:
What's wrong with an English speaking estate planning attorney. (They might be better. Just saying)

Irvineknight said:

Thanks for your help.

You want the document to be in English (and possibly translated if you want to) but the conversations that go with it may be more comfortable to have in a language in which you are fluent. There are a lot of "what-if" scenarios that you need to adequately plan for and fully understand the ramifications of. I did it all in English, this office just happens to also provide their services in other languages (and there certainly seems to be a demand for it).

Yvonne Hsu's office seems perfect for my dad's need. Thank you so much.  Heard through the grapevine they charge $3600??

I will likely do my living trust after doing my dad's. already have an English speaking attorney in mind. My friend did it for around $2500, and he has a relatively complex estate.

Irvineknight said:
Yvonne Hsu's office seems perfect for my dad's need. Thank you so much.  Heard through the grapevine they charge $3600??

I will likely do my living trust after doing my dad's. already have an English speaking attorney in mind. My friend did it for around $2500, and he has a relatively complex estate.

That sounds about right. But you also get a couple of free pens and a shopping bag that for that. :p

Irvineknight said:

We used Yvonne Hsu Law - we had a great experience. Yes it's pricey but the peace of mind of having a trust in place along with insurance for all of life's unexpected circumstances is priceless. They are professional, detail oriented and did a great job. And the cookies they give you during the meetings are amazing! Totally worth the $3k+ :)

Paris said:
Irvineknight said:

We used Yvonne Hsu Law - we had a great experience. Yes it's pricey but the peace of mind of having a trust in place along with insurance for all of life's unexpected circumstances is priceless. They are professional, detail oriented and did a great job. And the cookies they give you during the meetings are amazing! Totally worth the $3k+ :)

Legalzoom
https://www.legalzoom.com/personal/estate-planning/living-trust-pricing.html

Pricing starts at $249.

eyephone said:
Paris said:
Irvineknight said:

Legalzoom
https://www.legalzoom.com/personal/estate-planning/living-trust-pricing.html

Pricing starts at $249.

LOL. Let me guess, you haven't done much estate planning for yourself.

You can get some fill in the blank forms and the NOLO book for less than $50 and do it that way too. That's even cheaper and since LegalZoom cannot give any legal advise, just as good for the DIY route.

You want your living trust to be highly personalized and correct. Resolving/correcting a problem in a trust can cost way more than $3k (think ~ $20k). If you have to resolve it in probate, it takes a long time and you lose ~5% of your assets - oh, and your assets become public information as well.

Some companies offer pre-paid law service and living trusts are included as part of the benefit.  Some attorneys that are part of the network don't require any additional payment.  I have some coworkers who did this and were pretty happy with the service.  I guess you really don't know until the time comes though...

woodburyowner said:
Some companies offer pre-paid law service and living trusts are included as part of the benefit.  Some attorneys that are part of the network don't require any additional payment.  I have some coworkers who did this and were pretty happy with the service.  I guess you really don't know until the time comes though...

Yes! Absolutely take advantage of this if your work offers it. Mine offered it only after I had already gone through a law firm. :(

Legalzoom might be okay if you have a simple trust. But if your trust is complex with LLCs and Scorps you need a lawyer. They also help to minimize and plan for estate taxes down the road. As peppy mentioned, any small mistake that will take you to probate will cost tens of thousands. I'd rather pay more at the start and get it done right. If you have the legal insurance through work that's the best option.

Paris said:
Legalzoom might be okay if you have a simple trust. But if your trust is complex with LLCs and Scorps you need a lawyer. They also help to minimize and plan for estate taxes down the road. As peppy mentioned, any small mistake that will take you to probate will cost tens of thousands. I'd rather pay more at the start and get it done right. If you have the legal insurance through work that's the best option.

1. Depends on the plan of the work regarding legal insurance. Some plans offer a lot of services and some doesn't.
2. I'm just giving different options regarding diy

Back