OC Property Tax Payment

notTHEoc

Has anyone paid their property taxes online recently?

when i use chrome to go tohttps://www.ttc.ocgov.com/

i get the following message
Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.ttc.ocgov.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

i1 said:
Has anyone paid their property taxes online recently?

when i use chrome to go tohttps://www.ttc.ocgov.com/

i get the following message
Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.ttc.ocgov.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

I didn't have that problem when I just logged.  I logged on with Explorer though.
I just got my property tax from a Builder with a 10% penalty.  I went to their website regularly to pay my bills and it does not even recognize my address so I couldn't even pay it because I don't know the amounts for the supplemental and regular bills.  I never received a bill because it went to the Builder.  The system only recognizes by parcel # and not the address for a new construction.  wtf! They are really trying to collect on those late payments by using different tactics.  I will fight this tomorrow.

Thx. They shouldn't charge you any 10% penalties until April 10, and definitely not if it's a new construction supplemental where your address isn't even recognized in the system.

i1 said:
Thx. They shouldn't charge you any 10% penalties until April 10, and definitely not if it's a new construction supplemental where your address isn't even recognized in the system.

Your link to property tax is down now.  Can't access.

i1 said:

Exactly this. The bill shows what the penalty MAY be if you delay until April 10th, but you should see a balance without any penalty at this point.

peppy said:
i1 said:

Exactly this. The bill shows what the penalty MAY be if you delay until April 10th, but you should see a balance without any penalty at this point.

Actually, this was for Dec, 2016 tax due.  I called the tax assessor this morning and they said the property tax data has not been transferred from the Builder to me yet so they said it was wrong that I received the 10% penalty.  OC Tax Assessor told me to ignore the bill (which was forwarded to me by the builder) for now until the data transfer is complete and I will receive a another bill in the next 1-2 months for the 2016 tax with the correction to the penalty amt.  I don't trust them so I am going to pay the bill excluding the penalty amount today.  They really need to stream line their system.  What a mess.

Back