Author Topic: Landscaping Recommendations  (Read 11960 times)

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Realtor aka Realty King
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1579
  • -Received: 1282
Re: Landscaping Recommendations
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 02:01:40 PM »
Snowball, can you PM me your contact information over to Jefferson Rand?  Thank you.
Martin Mania
The Force Realty
CA BRE License # 01799007
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline Perspective

• Thanks
  • -Given: 107
  • -Received: 118
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 02:13:15 PM »
Snowball, can you PM me your contact information over to Jefferson Rand?  Thank you.

jeffersonrand@gmail.com

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline OCVillager

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 12
  • -Received: 2
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2017, 12:58:45 PM »
Hi Perspective,

Have you completed the landscaping project? Do you mind sharing some pics of your landscape? In fact, any of you guys can please share your completed project pics along with the contractor name/details so that people like me who is entering into the landscaping projects fresh will get lot of inspiration and help.

Thanks.

Offline rkp

• Thanks
  • -Given: 297
  • -Received: 280
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2017, 01:09:45 PM »
For those who had recent projects, can you share scope of work and total cost? 

Offline dethman

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 16
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2017, 04:35:08 PM »
would love to see completed projects and costs, though people tend to be shy about that information.  have a new yard to landscape.

Offline cheetos

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 9
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2017, 05:12:03 PM »
For mid-century modern, I'd contact Jo of Echo Family to take a look at his portfolio. I ended up using him after seeing his work at 51 Quarter Horse. You can probably still find some photos online. The hardscaping was exactly what we wanted (polished concrete, floating bench, etc). My yard is tiny and he made it look larger than it is.

Offline rkp

• Thanks
  • -Given: 297
  • -Received: 280
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2017, 09:46:18 PM »
would love to see completed projects and costs, though people tend to be shy about that information.  have a new yard to landscape.

Why are people shy about this info?  Sharing will only help everyone get better price transparency and improve the quality and bids for buyers. 

Offline lovingit

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 12
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2017, 03:11:38 PM »
The issue we had with Jefferson Rand was the size of the built-in BBQ.  They never told us standard size is 8 feet so when it was built, it looked really small so they made us pay more for a bigger BBQ.

Offline smalllots

• Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2017, 04:20:08 PM »

Why are people shy about this info?  Sharing will only help everyone get better price transparency and improve the quality and bids for buyers.

Newbie here, had been lurking around here for months but never posted. Got tons of useful information, thanks TI.

I am also looking for landscaping work for my backyard in a new construction, went through pretty much all the threads in regards to this here. Knowing there could be tons of factors that could affect the total cost for landscaping work, some pictures and cost spent on completed yards will definitely help as I don't see much of these get posted.

Considering a ~4000sq ft lot, concrete and synthetic grass combo, water wall feature, patio cover, plantation all around the perimeter wall, and all the basic necessity like lighting and irrigation. What's the average starting cost I should be looking at?  Before we even consider upgraded materials like travertine and such which I know all will add to the cost.

Offline Perspective

• Thanks
  • -Given: 107
  • -Received: 118
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2017, 09:12:22 PM »

Newbie here, had been lurking around here for months but never posted. Got tons of useful information, thanks TI.

I am also looking for landscaping work for my backyard in a new construction, went through pretty much all the threads in regards to this here. Knowing there could be tons of factors that could affect the total cost for landscaping work, some pictures and cost spent on completed yards will definitely help as I don't see much of these get posted.

Considering a ~4000sq ft lot, concrete and synthetic grass combo, water wall feature, patio cover, plantation all around the perimeter wall, and all the basic necessity like lighting and irrigation. What's the average starting cost I should be looking at?  Before we even consider upgraded materials like travertine and such which I know all will add to the cost.

You're looking at $20K minimum, and depending on the details, as much as $35K. Be careful with water features. The sound of water falling can be annoying to you, but more importantly your neighbors.

Offline cheetos

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 9
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2017, 09:53:25 AM »

You're looking at $20K minimum, and depending on the details, as much as $35K. Be careful with water features. The sound of water falling can be annoying to you, but more importantly your neighbors.

There was a funny thread on my nextdoor about this. Someone posted about their neighbor harassing them over their water feature. The neighbor was obviously in the same nextdoor circle and saw the post. Complained about how loud the fountain was and how the HOA made the two neighbors go in to mediation, etc and they still couldn't resolve it. You could tell they were still angry at each other. You don't want to create this mess for yourself.

Offline leect

• Thanks
  • -Given: 10
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2017, 04:24:00 AM »
Can we see some photos of your landscaping? I need ideas for our small irvine backyard haha.

Offline YellowFever

• Thanks
  • -Given: 40
  • -Received: 123
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 10:21:53 AM »
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 06:02:15 PM by YellowFever »

Offline WTTCHMN

• Thanks
  • -Given: 13
  • -Received: 219
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 10:36:26 AM »
I need a Rec soon. Can anyone post pics of their work?

Just FCB it and let the weeds grow.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline zubs

• Thanks
  • -Given: 47
  • -Received: 284
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2017, 10:37:33 AM »
Go with the OG TI favorite JOJO @ Echo family.

How is that guy doing anyway?  After he posted here, he dropped off the map.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: Irvine woman crashes new Tesla Model X by misme
[Today at 10:01:32 AM]

Re: Petaluma at Eastwood by OCLuvr
[Today at 09:55:54 AM]

Re: Petaluma at Eastwood by best_potsticker_in_town
[Today at 09:13:04 AM]