Landscaping Recommendations

FranchisePlr

I know this topic has come around but recently has anyone in the newer Irvine neighborhoods used someone who is priced competitively.  I would like a simple, modern, mid-century type yard with maybe a water feature.    The backyard is typical postage stamp type that you would see around Irvine but would like to have a modern feel.    Has anyone used a landscape company that has a portfolio online to look at?  Thanks TI!

FranchisePlr said:
I know this topic has come around but recently has anyone in the newer Irvine neighborhoods used someone who is priced competitively.  I would like a simple, modern, mid-century type yard with maybe a water feature.    The backyard is typical postage stamp type that you would see around Irvine but would like to have a modern feel.    Has anyone used a landscape company that has a portfolio online to look at?  Thanks TI!

We used this guy:
https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/good-morning-landscaping-orange

FranchisePlr said:

We recently  got our landscaping done. We got the quotes from about 5 different vendors and chose Andru Kang with KS Landscaping. Not only he came with a competitive quote, he was also thorough and detailed. None of the landscapers whom we interviewed was as patient as him or provided as many details as him (sand based vs concrete based, pavers..travertine, etc, cement he uses, re-bar he uses, etc). He also provided us the itemized cost for irrigation, water feature, low voltage lighting, plants, etc and did not pressure us into making any hasty decisions. Some of the contractors we interviewed would give us two prices..one price if we decide within 2 or 3 days, and a higher price if we take longer to decide.

BTW, I only came to know of KS landscaping from TI. So glad we went with him. He also took care of all the required HOA approvals and city permits.

Good design, excellent work quality and competitive price, usually you can only have two out of three with these landscapers.

But at least one can cheat and copy others good design ideas.  I had use KS also and I would recommend them too.

YellowFever said:
Ready2Downsize said:
FranchisePlr said:

We used this guy:

I'm gonna need a rec soon too but this guy, only 1 Yelp review??  :-\

This guy did my neighbors house and about 3 other homes on my street.  I liked his designs, and he seemed to complete the job within 4-6 weeks.  I also recognize a couple of the houses in his pics so they're probably legit.

aquabliss said:
YellowFever said:
Ready2Downsize said:
FranchisePlr said:

We used this guy:

I'm gonna need a rec soon too but this guy, only 1 Yelp review??  :-\

This guy did my neighbors house and about 3 other homes on my street.  I liked his designs, and he seemed to complete the job within 4-6 weeks.  I also recognize a couple of the houses in his pics so they're probably legit.

I'm going to be using him soon too.  He did 2 of my friends homes and glad to see R2D used Kim too.

lnc said:
Good design, excellent work quality and competitive price, usually you can only have two out of three with these landscapers.

But at least one can cheat and copy others good design ideas.  I had use KS also and I would recommend them too.

We got our landscaper because we liked the low walls he did for someone in OH, so we kinda copied their design but we at least did use the same landscaper. We talked to the homeowners that had the design we copied and they were fine with us using it and highly recommended the landscaper.

The backyard was my very own design and for a tiny little backyard I'm pretty darn happy with how it came out...... better than the front yard which would have been better had the HOA not been so ridiculously over restrictive on plants.

We had lots of landscapers come out but it was like comparing apples to oranges.

I want to re-do the front (paver driveway) and backyard (pavers, built-in BBQ, and add a spa to the pool & convert to salt water) landscaping at my Tustin Ranch home.  Does it make sense for me to start with a landscaper designer/architect first to come up with the plans before I talk to a landscaper?

I hear about KS Landscaping but I haven't seen any pictures.  Does anyone have links to their work or recent work in any of the new builds?  I'm trying to be  around $20k with a water feature

Ready2Downsize said:
lnc said:

We got our landscaper because we liked the low walls he did for someone in OH, so we kinda copied their design but we at least did use the same landscaper. We talked to the homeowners that had the design we copied and they were fine with us using it and highly recommended the landscaper.

The backyard was my very own design and for a tiny little backyard I'm pretty darn happy with how it came out...... better than the front yard which would have been better had the HOA not been so ridiculously over restrictive on plants.

We had lots of landscapers come out but it was like comparing apples to oranges.

Jefferson Rand does great design and work, but they work multiple crews/projects. So you might have to project manage your job more than you'd like.

Sea Breeze Landscaping does a great job and works just one project. If their calendar is full, this means you could wait some time before your start date.

We had KS Landscaping come out. The guy was cool, offered some great ideas, and said he'd get back to me with a design plan. He set a date to meet, and didn't show. Then didn't answer phone calls/email.

Perspective said:
Jefferson Rand does great design and work, but they work multiple crews/projects. So you might have to project manage your job more than you'd like.

Sea Breeze Landscaping does a great job and works just one project. If their calendar is full, this means you could wait some time before your start date.

We had KS Landscaping come out. The guy was cool, offered some great ideas, and said he'd get back to me with a design plan. He set a date to meet, and didn't show. Then didn't answer phone calls/email.

I had the same issue with KS. I'm going with one of the companies already mentioned and will update when complete in several weeks.

I have my landscape done by Jefferson Rand recently and I can say that they are two thumps up!
Not only they provided me a brilliant design idea within the budget but also all construction crews were very skillful and punctual. My yard is not that huge but not that small either considering my house is located in Irvine new community. They completed the infinity pool and both hardscape and softscape including lightings & sprinklers within the timeframe. I can imagine how frustrating it could have been if they were not responsive and communicative but the experience with Jefferson Rand was totally opposite!(for example, my neighbor who hired different company is having horrible time to confront with her landscaper such as demanding early payment, no showing up and extra cost on top of the estimate etc.) They were always available and trying to listen to our concerns and coming up with remedies to fix the problems, if there was any. To make things better, they were very honest, I meant truly, and no cut corners! All the payment was on schedule as they presented in the beginning and no hidden cost what so ever!!!
I am really happy with their service and if you don't want to deal with another headache in your life, you should interview Jefferson Rand seriously!!!

For those who had recent projects, can you share scope of work and total cost? 

would love to see completed projects and costs, though people tend to be shy about that information.  have a new yard to landscape.

Back