Here's how to figure out how much home you can afford

I think this guy works with Ric Edelman.  These guys are the ones who tell their investors to take out a bigt mortgage and to never pay down the mortgage but rather keep refinancing.  I believe the idea is that you use available money to invest rather than pay down debt.  SOmeone please correct me on this if I am wrong.
Seems very risky to me.  This strategy seems to be about leveraging as much money to invest.  He talks about diversification yada yada yada, but it still leveraging to the max and in 2008 this strategy would have been catastrophic. 

Their company charges 2% of money invested, with tapering down of fees with higher balances.  Regardless, its a raw deal for any investor who knows enough to buy simple index funds or knows enough to call a company like betterment or wealthfront who will do almost exactly the same thing as them for a fraction of the costs.

I'll invest my own money thank you every much and I'm sure I've been beating the returns of 99% of funds out there.  All these guys have agendas.  More people need to take an active roll in their investments.

Back