Palo Alto, Plan 3 at SG

Hello Experts,

Went today to see Plan 3, offered at 1.39M but would like compare against other options available in current and upcoming builds in Irvine to make educated decision.

How does Stonegate  bigger homes compare to EW and other communities in terms of holding home value and quality of construction?

Stonegate seems to sell at higher $ / sq ft than Woodbury, Woodbury East, and Great Park Neighborhoods - I think a lot of parents with young kids want to be zoned to Stonegate elementary.

I was considering a Palo Alto Plan 3 long back, but I couldn't get past the small yards coupled with the super high walls in back.  If it was a small yard with a regular wall or a larger yard with a high wall maybe, but those small yards with 8 foot walls are killer, lets little natural light in and feels a bit too enclosed.

Layout of that home is great, but for that price I think I'd try to make a lowball offer on a Messina in OH just for kicks.

Thank You! for bringing ups and downs, all good points.
I thought SG built as no houses in the back not the case with Palo Alto. In future phase there is a premium lot available.

If not OH are there any comparable houses in the range of 1.2 to 1.4?

I love the Palo Alto floorplans...don't like the lot sizes, although they did have a few really nice lots, the rest of them were just so freaking small (especially given the size of the houses). 

aquabliss said:
Layout of that home is great, but for that price I think I'd try to make a lowball offer on a Messina in OH just for kicks.

Aquabliss, you are not white are you??  Messina starts at more than 1.5 million, just for kicks offer discounted Capella Price on a Messina?

Irvine Dream said:
aquabliss said:

Aquabliss, you are not white are you??  Messina starts at more than 1.5 million, just for kicks offer discounted Capella Price on a Messina?

Quite white... We also know how to bargain.  I didn't know the exact current pricing at the time of the post.  Cheers.

Check d out Caressa in PS. Hard to believe 95 SFRs I had sense they have hard time selling. In the phase 7 they have premiu lots but not sure how noisy it will be.

Sunnyirvine said:
Check d out Caressa in PS. Hard to believe 95 SFRs I had sense they have hard time selling. In the phase 7 they have premiu lots but not sure how noisy it will be.
I thought Cressa had been selling pretty well. Did they have a lot of homes available/standing inventory?  Is Phase 7, the next release or are those homes from this past release that were still available? The floorplans are nice (all three models).  Only real downside for me is the location (not being in PS), more the fact that the enclave they are in is in general very dense. 

I went for the first time, friend told me they are trying to move an available home with severa upgrades. Phase7 is not released yet.

Why it is not PS? Sorry did not get time to research much. Any thoughts on Auburn have not checked out that yet.

So far SG is winning but Caressa is greatly priced, can wait for OH3 not sure it will affordable. We did not want to go over 1.2-1.4 for 3000+ sqft in new communities.

Sunnyirvine said:
I went for the first time, friend told me they are trying to move an available home with severa upgrades. Phase7 is not released yet.

Why it is not PS? Sorry did not get time to research much. Any thoughts on Auburn have not checked out that yet.

So far SG is winning but Caressa is greatly priced, can wait for OH3 not sure it will affordable. We did not want to go over 1.2-1.4 for 3000+ sqft in new communities.
Sorry....my post wasn't very clear. Cressa is in portola springs. My comment was more about the fact that being in portola springs (which it is) isn't what I find negative regarding the location. The negative I have on the location of Cressa is more tied to the particular enclave in Portola Springs it is in and the general density of that enclave (Cressa is the only true SFR in the enclave and I believe there is only one other detached product and everything else is attached, including apartments (not that the other enclaves are much different in terms of density). 

Oh this scary stuff, I won't waste time to even make a visit, thx.

How about Palo Alto? I heard from a current condo owner in SG who bought their condo in 2010 says since Palo Alto is across the landfill, by the Portla pkwy and Jeffery it is noisy and may get stinky. We did not hear any noise in the sales office or smelled anything bad. This is confusing Where should one buy :)

I just biked up the Jeffrey Open Space Trail, through Portola, and around the Great Park to Irvine Blvd / Alton on Monday. Does everyone see how much land the Irvine Company still has to develop on?

view

Don't be fooled into thinking that they are going to run out any time soon, we are at the top of a market cycle, and historical precedent would have a correction within the next 2 years. There is a reason why all the FCB's stopped buying at these prices. That being said, I feel like any correction will quickly bring back the institutional investors / FCB's...

Attachments

• Irvine_Landfill.JPG
    Irvine_Landfill.JPG
    291.4 KB · Views: 142
jbot747 said:
I just biked up the Jeffrey Open Space Trail, through Portola, and around the Great Park to Irvine Blvd / Alton on Monday. Does everyone see how much land the Irvine Company still has to develop on?

view

Don't be fooled into thinking that they are going to run out any time soon, we are at the top of a market cycle, and historical precedent would have a correction within the next 2 years. There is a reason why all the FCB's stopped buying at these prices. That being said, I feel like any correction will quickly bring back the institutional investors / FCB's...

Only a 35% of land circled actually belong to the Irvine Company.  The rest belong to Five Point.

With that said, TIC expects to finish everything within the the 5 years.

There may be no more 'new" homes available 10 years from now.
This is the "last chance" to buy anything brand new in Irvine.

It is an unique opportunity for the buyers. 

Funkie said:
jbot747 said:

view

Only a 35% of land circled actually belong to the Irvine Company.  The rest belong to Five Point.

With that said, TIC expects to finish everything within the the 5 years.

There may be no more 'new" homes available 10 years from now.
This is the "last chance" to buy anything brand new in Irvine.

It is an unique opportunity for the buyers.

I would argue that it will be quite difficult to sell out in 5 years with the amount of land available to build on. 
Furthermore, when i hear "its the last chance" it really sounds gimmicky and like a sale pitch, especially since there will be many years of new homes being built. 
and NO, it is not a "unique opportunity" for buyers (again sales pitchy).  Thousands and thousands and thousand of people will have the opportunity to buy brand new homes in Irvine for many years to come. 

I do believe majority of TIC development will sell out in approximately 5 years, especially the products that are under $1.3m.

I post this a few months ago that there are approximately 11,000 more home to be built in Irvine.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,14947.msg300330.html#msg300330

However, out of 11,000 homes, less than 40% are TIC products and rest are GP's.  Base on what we're are seeing, TIC neighborhoods are selling way faster than GP's and I can totally see TIC home are near sell out in 5 years.  Probably the only home remains in TIC villages 5 years from now are some over $2m homes, anything at lower price point are all gone.

Palo Alto is a TIC development.. correct?
What is the difference for a buyer between GP and TIC? Is the difference in taxes, management or something else?

The main question should landfill be concern for Palo Alto?

Back