Steve Job's Last Words

panda

[youtube]UXrVYMtslbg[/youtube]

These are some very powerful words of wisdom and life.

Happiness. To be frank...  I really don't care if this video is fake or not. What I do know is that the video touched my heart in a deep way.

"So treasure love for your family, love for your spouse, love for your friends. Treat yourself well.. Cherish others. "

Panda, how long until you amass enough wealth to last a lifetime so you can pursue other things rather than creating wealth?  I still have a few years to go.

Aquabliss,

I believe that wealth is a personal and individual thing between you and God.

Some are happy with little, and others are never satified with any amount of wealth they accumulate. A survey from the millionaire clients at UBS Wealth Management seemed to believe that a networth of $5,000,000 where they start to feel wealthy. They defined wealth as having no financial constraints to their activities. $5M networth would put in the top 2% wealthiest American family which invested properly would generate a semi passive income of $250,000. Once your networth reaches beyond this number, your estate will be taxed 40%. I guess what Steve Jobs' wisdom here is once you get a grade of 98% which is an A+ in the subject of networth, and you are not satified and need a grade of a 99% $6.8M networth, or 99.5% 11M networth, or 99.9% 30M networth +.... while you may be failing in all the other important subject matters of health, your marriage & children, personal relationships, spiritual and emotional well being, are you REALLY a wealthy person?.

I believe this is what Steve Jobs means once you acquire a certain level of wealth that will last you a life time, one should pursue other interests that are not wealth related like the creative arts and relationships etc. Do know a little secret that I have learned about peace and happiness? It is having a heart of gratitude and thankfulness for all the things that the Lord has blessed us with. 

From the time I was 21 year of age all the way until 35, I only set goals for myself in 2 categories 1) Finanical Net worth 2) Business and Income Goals.

Just like college or a high school student who takes 4-7 classes a semester, I set goals and grade myself in these 7 subject matters of life.

1) Spiritual and Contribution Goals
2) Financial Net worth Goals
3) Family and Relationship Goals : Wife, Children, Sister, Mother, and close friends
4) Personal Growth and Hobbies
5) Vacation and Fun time Goals
6) Physical Health and Weight Goals
7) Business and Income Goals

These are the 7 classes that I take every year and grade myself in December at the University of Life.  If you watch the Steve Job's last words video, the message is very powerful. At the end of the video he states, "Do you know what the most expensive bed is?" This is the last line that really hit me.

source:https://www.ubs.com/content/dam/WealthManagementAmericas/documents/investor-watch-3Q2013-report.pdf

Back