Aggressive Medical Billing?

woodburyowner

So I took my kid for his scheduled wellness check-up and at the end of the appointment, doc asks if I want to give him the flu shot.  I told him he has a little runny nose and I might want to skip it.  He then says he'll take a look to see if it's safe to give him the flu shot and then looked at his nose and then said no problem.

A few weeks later I get 2 bills.  1 for the wellness check-up and a sick check-up.  Seems a bit aggressive doesn't it?

I heard of  lawyers & accountants getting pressured to have more billable hours, but Doctors also gotta play that game now?

zubs said:
I heard of  lawyers & accountants getting pressured to have more billable hours, but Doctors also gotta play that game now?

It's even worse than billable hours. They maximize "procedures". That's why in a primary care office you literally get 5min with the doctor who will go round robin through all the examination rooms. Bare minimum to bill you for a particular CPT code and then it's $150 for them to look at the vitals the nurse took and asking you if you had an allergic reaction to a flu shot in the past (somehow that makes it a Level 3 New Patient Office Visit ...). 

zubs said:

I agree.

That is why people go to legal zoom or use turbo tax for taxes.

Back