After School Care?

antussing21

My family just moved to Irvine from out of state. All of the after school programs appear to be full and have long wait lists. Anyone know of any great after school programs with availability? Westpark elementary.

Thanks,
Ashley

The "great" ones will probably have waiting lists.

Near Westpark Elem (if the school's onsite program is full), there is Westpark Montessori and Kindercare.

paydawg said:
Typically, how long are these waiting lists?
Depends on the location and age of the kid, I've seen some go for months, and others lucked out because of a sudden opening,...
My experience with the NW Montessori, signed up for waiting list right before kid was born for the infant room, got a call couple years later saying they have a spot, unfortunately my kid is a toddler by then, thanks but no thanks...

paydawg said:
Typically, how long are these waiting lists?

All the programs I have reached out to have 15+ kid waiting lists and those already enrolled get first chances at the next school year. I understand just makes moving to the area difficult

Do you need transportation from the school to the center?

If none of the centers near Westpark Elementary have openings, you could also consider hiring an after school sitter to pick the kids up, watch them at home and supervise homework, give them a snack, etc. Depending on the number of kids you have, it may be similar in cost to a center.  You can find afterschool sitters through Care.com

Call the Kindercare at Deerfield. They offer pickup from Deerfield Elementary but not sure if they would pickup from Westpark. But they usually have some spots available most of the time.  Or, you could try starting your kids part time and they would have better chances to get absorbed full time.

antussing21 said:
My family just moved to Irvine from out of state. All of the after school programs appear to be full and have long wait lists. Anyone know of any great after school programs with availability? Westpark elementary.

Thanks,
Ashley

Try looking into IPSF Academy. They have an after school program during the school year. You could try out their summer program for a few weeks and see if you like it. The summer program is offered in many schools including Westpark elementary. Registration for the next summer program starts tomorrow and it runs for 3 weeks. We like the Young Einstein summer program.

The problem with the IPSF after school programs is that they are enrichment only.  No routine classes that will last until a parent gets off work and no state childcare license.  Tryhttp://www.cityofirvine.org/child-care-developmentfor info.  They are paid by your tax dollars and are keeping the interests of the children as their primary concern.  Good resources.

i found many sitters options through nextdoor.com, but i haven't tried. There is irvine chinese school (if you're chinese and want your kids to learn) that does pick ups from different school. I just dont trust those people doing the pickup, but i am okay with a sitter taking my kids home or something. As far as afterschool, i think the on site is safest (in my opinion).

readytobuy said:
There is irvine chinese school (if you're chinese and want your kids to learn) that does pick ups from different school. I just dont trust those people doing the pickup, but i am okay with a sitter taking my kids home or something.

Who's doing the pickup and how much do they charge? I'm reading that "8) Tuition does not include pick-up from schools. Parents must negotiate and pay pick-up fee directly to drivers "

HMart said:
readytobuy said:
There is irvine chinese school (if you're chinese and want your kids to learn) that does pick ups from different school. I just dont trust those people doing the pickup, but i am okay with a sitter taking my kids home or something.

Who's doing the pickup and how much do they charge? I'm reading that "8) Tuition does not include pick-up from schools. Parents must negotiate and pay pick-up fee directly to drivers "

Some outside company that is not licensed. They even emphasized no liability with the school. There is a conpany called skiphopdrive they are licensed how But its not cheap

Back