Thanks again Soylent Green Is People

irvinerealtor

It's been said several times before but bears repeating... Soylent Green is People; you are amazing.

I recently had a relatively complicated set of related home sales that he was instrumental in helping close successfully, on time, without any issues on the lending side. (the buyers/sellers themselves were a different story!)

I can't recommend anyone with more confidence.

Thank you again, John!

-IR2

+1  That's why I used him to do my purchase loan on my home (since I'm a complex borrower) and refer him to all my buyers.  Helps for smoother transactions.

+1 for me on a purchase then refi .

+1 again for my coworker. I referred her to John, they're closing on a Newport purchase.

Thanks for the kind words. Each and every transaction has it's ups and downs. Even the "easy ones" have unanticipated complexities. Without skilled Realtors, solid Escrow choices, and "at the ready" Transaction Assistants, it's pretty much a miracle anything can get done these days. What benefits our mutual customers gained during our transactions is due solely to the team efforts of all involved.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People

Normally I only lurk on this board but I wanted to chime in here as well. I'm currently working with John on a home loan and he is doing an incredible job. I'm very glad that I got in touch with him. Reading TalkIrvine has not been a complete waste of my time since I would not have heard about John otherwise  ;D

+3 since I have done 2 purchases + 1 refi with John, from his MetLife days to BofA.  Too bad the Kelso team took over the business for IP, or it would've been another one.  ;D

wbresident said:
+3 since I have done 2 purchases + 1 refi with John, from his MetLife days to BofA.  Too bad the Kelso team took over the business for IP, or it would've been another one.  ;D
+4
I also went through 2 refi with John.  Both went super smooth and John is on top of every little detail.  Will highly recommend to anyone who is considering any mortgage need if they want the process goes smoothly and close on time. 

SGIP was very professional and understanding of my situation....  However, my luck with him wasn't there...

Not to be a party puffer, but I wish I could say the same thing that all you are saying.  May be it was not SGIP's fault and may be my application was one of those "impossible" one.  After getting frustrated with WF for months, I got in touch with SGIP and he handed my case over to his processor and underwriter, then it became very tough again.

Working with BofA for about 3 months, I didn't get the approval and ran into issues.  Luckily I got approved by the builder's back up preferred lender within 3 weeks and closed the escrow in 2 months.  According to this preferred lender, he usually gets "hard" ones that the big banks don't want to deal with and my application, believe it or not, wasn't even close to some of the tough cases since our income, debt, and assets were all documented, verifiable, and available electronically... 

SGIP let me know that he filed complained internally the way my case was handled, but I have not gotten anything and I don't expect much to be done anyway.  The kicker is that I've been with BofA for checking and savings account for nearly 2 decades and have had a small mortgage 10 years ago...  No wonder BofA and WF are two of the most hated 12 companies (and they are the only banks that made the list along with cable companies...) surveyed by Wall Street Journal...

Thanks for the kindness of everyone's comments.

As it's both bad form and also a privacy law violation to "kiss and tell" on specific deals, it's not possible to comment on any transaction that didn't reach across the finish line. Given the relatively wide range of business the bank accepts, there often are outliers that for all intents and purposes should be a simple close, but for one reason or another drive straight into the iceberg and sink.

Some of the crash/burn stories you read here are a tiny fraction of what goes on out there. It's been said that people shouldn't see how laws or sausages are made. I'd add lending to that list. Home owners have been largely spared from some of the nonsense conditions underwriters ask for because the loan officer challenges their insanity before it reaches the customer. Example: One purchase was almost cancelled after an original rental agreement was rubbed between the moistened fingers of an Underwriter who said "hmmm... this just doesn't seem OK to me...." as if she was using The Force to determine authenticity of the document! That deal did close once senior management got involved and thankfully the customer never heard about this issue.

Until banks focus on the real needs of customers and not the perceived needs from their shareholders, there will forever be avoidable missteps in customer service. All lenders have swung the regulatory risk perception pendulum way far out of line, harming uncountable numbers of buyers in the process. Its simply the world we live in at present. Under these conditions however, I'm so honored to have the privilege of shepherding everyone I can through the mortgage maze and to see their hopes and dreams of home ownership realized.

My .02c

Not that he needs it but I'm another fan of SGIP... he helped me with a purchase more than a year ago but he still answers my random questions whenever I e-mail him (IE how do the rates look this month, etc).  Really helpful and honest guy all around.

SGIP is the best - getting ready to upgrade and there was no question I'd be working with him again. Even sent my mom over for her condo purchase! Rare to say but the mortgage was the least stressful part of my last transaction, thanks SGIP!

+1 for SGIP

He recently helped me with the first mortgage on our home.  It took just 3 weeks from my first phone call to him to closing (15 business days), even though I have a fairly complicated financial life (he had to get a policy exception).  Fairly competitive rate, very professional to work with.  He also attended the loan doc signing (in my experience, a first - never had a loan officer come out for the signing), and in general was super responsive, highly professional and gave accurate and consistently useful counsel: was never promissory, but also not so conservative as to be useless either

I've enjoyed getting to know him as a person as well - recommended without reservation

+1 for SGIP

I also got my first mortgage for our first home.  Our financial situation was complicated and ultimately we didn't end up with the product we wanted. BUT, after evaluating the future plans for the home, it worked out for the best.  Both him and his team have provided great service.  It was moreso the underwriting group I had frustrations with, but SGIP was there to assist us from start to finish.

My wife and I are loving our new home!

LG

Went through the 3rd refinance with John and closed on 5/20/2017. This time the entire process took less than 2 weeks and there was not a single hiccup during the transaction. We were able to secure an optimized rate with minimal closing cost(just interest) and close on time. Another success and stress-less refinance experience with John for the 3rd time. He even went sign the closing with us and explained some documents we had questions for during the closing appointment. I would recommend him without any hesitation to anyone who has any mortgage need.
Thanks SGIP you are the best!!

Back