cheap home karaoke setup

ps99472

Got this recently and found out it is a quick and cheap way to karaoke at home.  Easy setup, two mics, has decent build quality and sounds decent as well.  Use iPhone/iPad to search on youtube for your favorite karaoke song and if you have an Apple TV, you can even Airplay it onto your TV/speaker system for better viewing/audio.  It's around $50 now and the lowest according to camelx3 amazon price tracker.  Order now and arrives on 12/24 if you got prime. 

Did some reading, so is it best used with iphone then searching for youtube videos?
then maybe chromecast stream to tv?

Does it have the ability to take out the singing part from youtube videos? Or do I have search for those with no voice?

THanks!

Most songs on YouTube have a karaoke version where it's just music and the lyrics are timed with it.

You can chromecast the stream to TV but the audio will only come out of the speakers at the base of the mic stand.

Not sure if this can Bluetooth to a soundbar or any other BT speakers as I think it's BT in not out.

A quick search shows there are some self-contained wireless mics that have Bluetooth capability but not sure how you can set up where the resulting sound is coming from.

Been using this throughout the day today.  So far so good.  Lots of karaoke videos on youtube.  Just search 'song title + karaoke' and you should be able to find most songs.  Quality of videos so vary, some have lyrics, some do not, some have scrolling lyrics, and some have the highlight prompt lyrics (my favorite). 

Don't actually need a smartphone or tablet for this to work.  If you're at home, just power up the mics, and use whatever media player (PS4, etc.) you have to play YouTube videos on your TV.  The smart phone and tablet only comes to play if you're in a emergency karaoke situation and no TV is present.  Since AirPlay/Chromecast can be buggy at times, you might get dropped in the middle of a song. 

Sing King on YouTube is the go to for videos.  They have quite a few and decent presentation with lyrics.  I did get tired of the BofA llama commercial and Samuel L Jacksons what's in your wallet promos that keep popping up every other song. 

As for my go to song?  Hmmmm, not a good singer, but I like After 7 Til you do me right and Ginuwine differences.

Grobans Prayer has a nice duet version on YouTube, also Eric Benet/Tamia Spend my life with you.

Got the self contained mic one. It's better than I thought and being wirelsss you can walk around and hand it to others easily.

Been going for 2 hours now... "Nothing is better than love...".

Back