Author Topic: Property Manager recommendations to rent/manage a SFH  (Read 10911 times)

Offline Compressed-Village

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 82
  • -Received: 64
Re: Property Manager recommendations to rent/manage a SFH
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2016, 07:30:30 PM »
And charge 8-10% more to offset the PM fee.

You can always use the fact that you have a PM as a value-add.

No tenant will pay you extra rent because you have a PM. Renters focus in on keeping their rent amount as low as possible and definitely not over the market rental rate.

Agree with you on all aspects here. Renters only care about getting the best for as low as possible. You can throw in a full service maid and they would not care to pay for the higher rental comps. This is speaking on a general renters pool. There a few exception like renting a pent house that pay 20 K a month or more and those are not your regular renter, rather, those are high rollers are few in a millions.

Offline bones

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 180
  • -Received: 983
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2016, 07:33:14 PM »

No tenant will pay you extra rent because you have a PM. Renters focus in on keeping their rent amount as low as possible and definitely not over the market rental rate. 

I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for a managed rental. That's actually one of the things I look for when renting. I like having a middleman bc not all landlords are created equal. Also in Irvine, there are a lot of non US based landlords.  It's a pain trying to get a hold of them when an issue arises.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Realtor aka Realty King
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1717
  • -Received: 1383
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2016, 07:52:11 PM »

I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for a managed rental. That's actually one of the things I look for when renting. I like having a middleman bc not all landlords are created equal. Also in Irvine, there are a lot of non US based landlords.  It's a pain trying to get a hold of them when an issue arises.

You are definitely an exception, I've never have been asked by tenants or having tenants tell me to ask if the property was managed by a PM or by the landlord.  Tenants just want to have someone to contact if something breaks and know that it will be taken care of in a reasonable amount of time.
Martin Mania
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline Nelso

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1
  • -Received: 2
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2017, 06:35:26 PM »
Are there any recommendations for companies to use to do background checks?

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts