To Dream... the Impossible Dream?

ForumUser

I may be taking a job at First American, MacArthur and the 55 Hwy, after the New Year. Looking at a place to RENT, just the wife and I, both senior citizens. We have been home owners for decades so no rental references. Want a safe area of town, not too far from work, maybe 30 min commute (I hear in OC that would be about 7 miles during rush hour ;D). Could get by with a 1 BR/bath, but would like a 2 BR/ 1.75 bath. We are nonsmokers, no drugs (other than prescription), not 420 friendly (I am an ex-law enforcement officer). Sharing a home with folks like us would be an option we would consider.
The issue is animals. We have 4 small dogs (Japanese Chins) and 2 house cats, so we would like a yard/courtyard. Been looking at the rental ads, paying close attention to the pets allowed or not, and I don't think any of them would take us.
Am I correct in thinking this is an Impossible Dream?

I was going to say
The Aspens Apartments at 1601 W MacArthur BLVD is really nice.  The side near MacArthur is very safe.    All Cat Friendly, but no dogs, though.

You may need to end up renting a house that allows pets and has a yard.

Maybe something like THe Village at Irvine Spectrum would work?https://www.trulia.com/rental-commu...ine-Spectrum-Center-50-Prism-Irvine-CA-92618/
Pets Allowed: Cats, Small dogs, Large dogs

Tustin Meadows has some houses for rent that are pet friendly and probably reasonably priced and generally safe.

Thanks spootieho for your advice. With us our dogs are family, the cats are mere house guests  ;). Left a message at The Village. Tustin Meadows, is that the area surrounding Centennial Park? I will have to keep my eye on that area, the one rental home that Zillow has listed is no pets, will check Realtor and Craigslist later today. Any other publications you think I should keep an eye on?
Again, thanks, appreciate the advice. 

The bad news is that the majority of landlords don't allow pets.  The ones that do will want about a $500 per pet deposit. 

I noticed on quite a few pet friendly listings in zillow, they have 2 pet max.

ForumUser said:
Thanks spootieho for your advice. With us our dogs are family, the cats are mere house guests  ;). Left a message at The Village. Tustin Meadows, is that the area surrounding Centennial Park? I will have to keep my eye on that area, the one rental home that Zillow has listed is no pets, will check Realtor and Craigslist later today. Any other publications you think I should keep an eye on?
Again, thanks, appreciate the advice.
Yes, it's the area surrounding Centennial Park.  I've know a few people who live in that area.  It's a good community and pretty close to everything.  All the houses I've seen there all have nice sized yards.

It's close to bordering a more iffy area.  I wouldn't look for housing on the other side of redhill in that area, unless you really have to. 

aquabliss said:
Wow you have more Japanese chins than a Sumo wrestler.
And it seems that the answer to my question about finding a house is... not by the hair on my chinny chin chin chin.

Back