Author Topic: President Trump  (Read 218689 times)

Offline morekaos

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 121
  • -Received: 141
Re: President Trump
« Reply #1275 on: December 04, 2017, 02:22:24 PM »
This is going to the SC...we will prevail there.  Mark my words.
You might need a tiebreaker judge...  Trump has been irritating the judge that he nominated.  Not sure how that will affect the tie-breaking vote.

Just like I told you would happen. Winning!!

Supreme Court allows full enforcement of Trump travel ban

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court is allowing the Trump administration to fully enforce a ban on travel to the United States by residents of six mostly Muslim countries.

The justices, with two dissenting votes, said Monday that the policy can take full effect even as legal challenges against it make their way through the courts. The action suggests the high court could uphold the latest version of the ban that Trump announced in September.

https://www.apnews.com/b8244def36484dfb93fd958962b7d649

Offline Liar Loan

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 162
  • -Received: 135
« Reply #1276 on: December 08, 2017, 04:49:16 PM »
Three weeks ago, CNN branded it: Roy Moore's appalling 'yearbook' defense

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/15/politics/roy-moore-yearbook/index.html

His latest defense against these serious charges? The inscription from Beverly Young Nelson's 1977 high school yearbook is a fake!

Moore attorney Phil Jauregui demanded that Nelson, who earlier this week alleged that Moore tried to push her head into his lap in a parked car when she was 16, release the yearbook so tests could be conducted to see if the inscription -- "To a sweeter more beautiful girl, I could not say, 'Merry Christmas'" -- is real or forged.

"We'll find out: is it genuine, or is it a fraud?" Jauregui said, noting that Moore's campaign had hired a handwriting expert to examine the inscription.

So, this is where we are. Moore, facing calls from all sides to step aside for the good of party, is pinning his defense on the idea that -- for some still unknown reason -- Nelson forged his signature on her high school yearbook.

Today we learn:  Roy Moore accuser admits she wrote part of yearbook inscription attributed to Alabama Senate candidate

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/12/08/roy-moore-accuser-alters-yearbook-entry-sot-nr.cnn

Offline Loco_local

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 10
  • -Received: 29
« Reply #1277 on: December 09, 2017, 02:17:10 AM »
Wow. Fascinating
I also have a lot of self-handwritten notes in my freshman yearbook.

Apparently I have always been loco.

One day I will have to dig through the garage of my childhood home to find my jr high yearbook. I am certain I will find signatures of (possibly perverted if they ever ran for office) adults.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 02:24:10 AM by Loco_local »

Offline jmoney74

• Irvine dude
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 436
  • -Received: 338
  • HOA This!
« Reply #1278 on: December 09, 2017, 07:16:01 AM »
Has to been confirmed that it was just the date she wrote in? 

Moore says he didn't even know her though.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 121
  • -Received: 141
« Reply #1279 on: December 09, 2017, 08:01:38 AM »
I don't think Trump's incompetency is the question here.

I just doubt that Isis is defeated just because they've be kicked out of Syria.

This.

It's not cognitive dissonance on our part, it's on Trump's. :)

Defeated is not the word I would use but you have to admit the ball has been advanced.  After 8 years of watching these a-holes execute people in the open square from drones and doing NOTHING we have at the very least weakened their cause.

There is simply no denying that the change in rules of engagement from Obama era to Trump have made a significant difference. I am sure that the Trump haters will still find some pretzel logic to try to discredit the man. Winning!!

Trump, Mattis turn military loose on ISIS, leaving terror caliphate in tatters

“I will…quickly and decisively bomb the hell out of ISIS,” Trump, who would name legendary Marine Corps Gen. James Mattis as secretary of defense, promised. “We will not have to listen to the politicians who are losing the war on terrorism."

Just over a year later, ISIS has been routed from Iraq and Syria with an ease and speed that's surprised even the men and women who carried out the mission. Experts say it's a prime example of a campaign promise kept. President Trump scrapped his predecessor’s rules of engagement, which critics say hamstrung the military, and let battlefield decisions be made by the generals in the theater, and not bureaucrats in Washington.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12/08/trump-mattis-turn-military-loose-on-isis-leaving-terror-caliphate-in-tatters.html

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 196
  • -Received: 463
« Reply #1280 on: December 09, 2017, 08:21:00 AM »
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 10:01:46 AM by eyephone »

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 196
  • -Received: 463
« Reply #1281 on: December 09, 2017, 01:01:09 PM »
What are your thoughts? Speech slur or wearing dentures or dry throat (according to the White House spokesman)?

Offline fortune11

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 9
  • -Received: 38
« Reply #1282 on: December 09, 2017, 01:15:23 PM »
Roy Moore’s remarks

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/351966-gop-senate-hopeful-roy-moores-five-most-controversial-remarks%3famp

I guess Asians are considered yellow. Lol

Our country has sunk way beyond any of these remarks being disqualifying for office. At least he is making the other side mad, so the fox-watching, "family values" evangelicals will still elect him.  After all the only thing they believe in is "winning " .  Maybe his election will be the rock bottom we need to hit before the purge starts.

The VICE news segment on these Alabama GOP voters is cringe-inducing, what century are they living in ...

https://news.vice.com/story/why-these-alabama-voters-are-sticking-by-roy-moore

Offline Liar Loan

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #1283 on: December 11, 2017, 01:00:06 PM »
Has to been confirmed that it was just the date she wrote in? 

Moore says he didn't even know her though.

She wrote in the date and restaurant name, and presented them as evidence that Roy Moore frequented the restaurant where the alleged assault occurred.

Still undetermined is whether she also wrote the "D.A." after his signature, which would be peculiar because he was never the DA but rather a Deputy DA before going into private practice.  Later as a judge, he ruled against her in a divorce case and the initials D.A. followed his stamped signature on that document and were the initials of his legal assistant at that time.  It also means she had an authentic signature of his that she could use to forge the one in her yearbook if she was so inclined.

Gloria Allred could clear this all up by submitting the yearbook to a 3rd party authenticator but has, thus far, refused to do so.

Offline Liar Loan

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #1284 on: December 11, 2017, 01:24:03 PM »

This term has been around forever.  It's sort of outdated now, but you hear it among the tolerant left when they talk about all colors being equal for example.

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 516
  • -Received: 395
« Reply #1285 on: December 11, 2017, 01:30:24 PM »

This term has been around forever.  It's sort of outdated now, but you hear it among the tolerant left when they talk about all colors being equal for example.

What the heck are you talking about? 

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
« Reply #1286 on: December 11, 2017, 01:33:11 PM »
I don't think Trump's incompetency is the question here.

I just doubt that Isis is defeated just because they've be kicked out of Syria.

This.

It's not cognitive dissonance on our part, it's on Trump's. :)

Defeated is not the word I would use but you have to admit the ball has been advanced.  After 8 years of watching these a-holes execute people in the open square from drones and doing NOTHING we have at the very least weakened their cause.

There is simply no denying that the change in rules of engagement from Obama era to Trump have made a significant difference. I am sure that the Trump haters will still find some pretzel logic to try to discredit the man. Winning!!

Trump, Mattis turn military loose on ISIS, leaving terror caliphate in tatters

“I will…quickly and decisively bomb the hell out of ISIS,” Trump, who would name legendary Marine Corps Gen. James Mattis as secretary of defense, promised. “We will not have to listen to the politicians who are losing the war on terrorism."

Just over a year later, ISIS has been routed from Iraq and Syria with an ease and speed that's surprised even the men and women who carried out the mission. Experts say it's a prime example of a campaign promise kept. President Trump scrapped his predecessor’s rules of engagement, which critics say hamstrung the military, and let battlefield decisions be made by the generals in the theater, and not bureaucrats in Washington.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12/08/trump-mattis-turn-military-loose-on-isis-leaving-terror-caliphate-in-tatters.html

LOL citing Fox News. 

People still think that terrorism can be "beaten" like Germany in WW2.   That's not how asymmetrical warfare works.  By scraping rules of engagement and creating more collateral damages, you can win the battle in the shortterm but lose the war in the longterm.

Offline Liar Loan

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #1287 on: December 11, 2017, 01:35:44 PM »

I'm talking about people referring to Asians as yellow people.

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
« Reply #1288 on: December 11, 2017, 01:39:12 PM »

I'm talking about people referring to Asians as yellow people.

And who exactly has referred to them as yellow people?

Offline Loco_local

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 10
  • -Received: 29
« Reply #1289 on: December 11, 2017, 01:45:20 PM »
Someone who's got yellow fever perhaps?

Something you read on racist forums but almost never hear in real life.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: Los Olivos Village by lnc
[Today at 11:06:26 AM]

Re: Pay your 2nd half property taxes this month for tax savings (Congress tax plan) by OCLuvr
[Today at 11:04:13 AM]

Los Olivos Village by lnc
[Today at 11:03:13 AM]

Re: President Trump by fortune11
[Today at 08:27:34 AM]

Re: Tax Bill: by qwerty
[Today at 06:29:10 AM]