Nintendo Switch

irvinehomeowner

I am so getting this:
https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/20/switch-is-nintendos-next-game-console/

nintendo%2Bswitch.jpg

So it's a console and a mobile device and can support multi-player 2x the number of screens.

Not out until March 2017 though... just in time for the holidays... St. Patrick's Day or Easter. :)

spootieho said:
When playing multiplayer with multiple devices, does each person need to purchase a copy of the game?
It depends on the game.

On the 3DS, some multi-device games require that every player has the game, some don't.

irvinehomeowner said:
spootieho said:
When playing multiplayer with multiple devices, does each person need to purchase a copy of the game?
It depends on the game.

On the 3DS, some multi-device games require that every player has the game, some don't.
Oh, wow that's cool, I know Playstation has some, but never knew the 3ds does.  Do you know of any popular ones?

That controller is huge.  Looks very uncomfortable to hold and play.  That being said I'll probably get one regardless as I'm looking for more kid friendly fun games to play with the little ones.  Hope this outputs in 4k.

aquabliss said:
That controller is huge.  Looks very uncomfortable to hold and play.  That being said I'll probably get one regardless as I'm looking for more kid friendly fun games to play with the little ones.  Hope this outputs in 4k.
I think it's smaller than it initially looks.  See when people are using it in the video.

I cannot wait for this system to come out - just preordered one yesterday. Should be the best Nintendo Console release in over a decade if not more. Wii U was an epic fail, this one should do considerably well!

The best part is playing all the classics on the go that will show up in the VC shop - N64, Gamecube, Wii games on the go - yes please.

I was on the fence about this but after seeing the Zelda sneak peek I really want one... Pretty cool to local multiplayer up to 8 consoles on wifi too, if you can find that many friends that have one.

Tried to pre-order the day after the preview, only Target had inventory.

I predict another Nintendo shortage, maybe I should pre-order another and put it on eBay for $500-600. :)

@irvinehomeowner: Gamestop had plenty of bundles for sale the day after the preview - but you have to buy the games. Better than going with a scalper on eBay though ;)

On another note, this one has a release date of 4/28:
http://www.gamestop.com/games/mario-kart-8-deluxe-nintendo-switch/141928

Also, the new Sonic looks great - like a spruced up version of the 16-bit classics, which were always the best sonic games.

I realyl hope the Switch does well for Nintendo, or this could be their last console release...

So did anyone get one?

I canceled our pre-order because my kids get bored of games quickly and there wasn't really anything that looked like they would play. Of course now they want one.

Maybe when Mario Kart comes out or if they ever bring Smash to the Switch.

irvinehomeowner said:
So did anyone get one?

I canceled our pre-order because my kids get bored of games quickly and there wasn't really anything that looked like they would play. Of course now they want one.

Maybe when Mario Kart comes out or if they ever bring Smash to the Switch.

I got mine on launch, played Zelda for hours, and it was a fabulous game, but felt like it was taking way too long to finish it out, so I gave it a break.

Mario Kart 8 is a blast to play, and much smoother than the Wii U Version, but pretty much a carbon copy of the game. Everything is unlocked already including characters, and you can play online too.

The Switch has done so well that it sold more units in the first month of launch than the Wii U did in it's first year. It's so popular, but they need to continue the steady stream of games. The software on the system will be the deciding factor on the fate of the Switch. But as of now, I highly recommend it!

Back