Cuz when you buy a M6, rules don't apply to me

Damn son! Awesome!!
Please enjoy it in fun and take it to the track one of these days >:D

I have the new M3 and while it's awesome fun, it's still a twin turbo 6 and can't duplicate the sound of an v8.  I'm officially jealous  ;D

BangBros said:
Twin turbo 6 is sooo 1990... (300zx, supra, 3000gt)

Twin turbo v8 is where it's at.  That is the Irvine standard now. ;)

:'( :'( :'(

I can't afford the Irvine standard.  Twin turbo 6 is the Lake forest standard
I'll go back to the orange county subforum where I belong

BangBros said:
It's a 4 door gran coupe M6.  Not sure what you mean by not a 'real M6'.  It's still a M6 albeit with 2 more doors for easier access to shove my mistresses in for a backseat quickie on a Wednesday afternoon.  Both cars advertised as 0-60 4.1secs while only the convertible, always heavier, is rated at 0-60 4.3 secs.

Yeah the extra weight is usually only in the convertibles
It's the same for the F80 M3 and the M4.  Almost identical numbers across the board, from weight to performance.  I wanted the M4 but I needed 4 doors  ;D

BangBros said:
SoclosetoIrvine said:
BangBros said:
It's a 4 door gran coupe M6.  Not sure what you mean by not a 'real M6'.  It's still a M6 albeit with 2 more doors for easier access to shove my mistresses in for a backseat quickie on a Wednesday afternoon.  Both cars advertised as 0-60 4.1secs while only the convertible, always heavier, is rated at 0-60 4.3 secs.

It's the same for the F80 M3 and the M4.  Almost identical numbers across the board, from weight to performance.  I wanted the M4 but I needed 4 doors  ;D

The M4 v M3 looks debate has been beaten to death ten thousand times at f80post.com.  You know that.  But basically, my opinion is the M4 looks better from the side, obviously its a coupe.  So naturally it has beautiful curves like a woman shaped like a coke bottle.  But there is no denying that the M3 looks like a beast from the rear with those flared fenders.  That's just something not in the M4.  They did that in the M3 because they didn't have space so they had to flare it out.  But I guess that was a good thing. 

If you are between 18-27, M4 may be your thing.  But 30 and over, to keep the wife and kids happy, M3 makes more sense.  Provided of course, the car is your daily driver.  If not, then forget the Ms.  Get a Porsche GT4 for the track. 

Yep, m3 got hips! This is my daily driver so went with the M3.  4 doors have saved me countless times with the extra storage space and parking in tight spots when I open the door.  I think the m3 rear looks much better, especially with spacers since it gives out a really wide stance 

Other benefit is I got the newer LED rear tail lights on my 2016 model.  The m4 as of now still has the original taillights, so they probably won't get it until they release the lci in a year or two.  Lots of people are anticipating the m4 GTS rear OLED lights, but I'm not certain they do it to maintain the exclusivity of the GTS

SoclosetoIrvine said:
BangBros said:
SoclosetoIrvine said:
BangBros said:

The M4 v M3 looks debate has been beaten to death ten thousand times at f80post.com.  You know that.  But basically, my opinion is the M4 looks better from the side, obviously its a coupe.  So naturally it has beautiful curves like a woman shaped like a coke bottle.  But there is no denying that the M3 looks like a beast from the rear with those flared fenders.  That's just something not in the M4.  They did that in the M3 because they didn't have space so they had to flare it out.  But I guess that was a good thing. 

If you are between 18-27, M4 may be your thing.  But 30 and over, to keep the wife and kids happy, M3 makes more sense.  Provided of course, the car is your daily driver.  If not, then forget the Ms.  Get a Porsche GT4 for the track. 

Yep, m3 got hips! This is my daily driver so went with the M3.  4 doors have saved me countless times with the extra storage space and parking in tight spots when I open the door.  I think the m3 rear looks much better, especially with spacers since it gives out a really wide stance 

Other benefit is I got the newer LED rear tail lights on my 2016 model.  The m4 as of now still has the original taillights, so they probably won't get it until they release the lci in a year or two.  Lots of people are anticipating the m4 GTS rear OLED lights, but I'm not certain they do it to maintain the exclusivity of the GTS

I loved the E46 M3 platform....lighter, more raw, and sexy.  Then the M started to get too porky, especially with the E9X.  The damn things overheat at the track and need brake upgrades to stop.  Plus now they lost me with the whole turbo thing.  N/A 4LYFE!

USCTrojanCPA said:
SoclosetoIrvine said:
BangBros said:
SoclosetoIrvine said:
BangBros said:

I loved the E46 M3 platform....lighter, more raw, and sexy.  Then the M started to get too porky, especially with the E9X.  The damn things overheat at the track and need brake upgrades to stop.  Plus now they lost me with the whole turbo thing.  N/A 4LYFE!

Yep that's the forever classic platform.  The current M2 I've heard compares quite favorably to the E46 platform.  It's almost exactly the same dimensions and keeps the lightweight fun.  Supposed to be a track winner with the DCT as well

BangBros said:

I understand that BMW sells the M6 coupe, convertible and Gran Coupe. Call me a traditionalist but when people say they drive a "M6" I only imagine the 2 door version. But congratulations on a nice ride!

nice!!

there's just something wrong when you hear spacers and anything M, they look fine stock, or if need to look more aggressive, get something beefier with correct offsets.. just my opinion

AW said:
nice!!

there's just something wrong when you hear spacers and anything M, they look fine stock, or if need to look more aggressive, get something beefier with correct offsets.. just my opinion

I get what u are coming from, call me #stancenation but I want my M's to be flush in fitment...and there's too much wheel gap in the fronts so I like to be dropped just a tiny bit (an inch) for a more aggressive look

I didn't want to spend too much on coilovers so I just went eibach springs that helped the look while not going too low that I would rub everywhere

I'm happy but I also understand where the stock people are coming from

iacrenter said:
I understand that BMW sells the M6 coupe, convertible and Gran Coupe. Call me a traditionalist but when people say they drive a "M6" I only imagine the 2 door version. But congratulations on a nice ride!
When anyone says any kind of 6 series I think coupe but I can see how rear doors would be useful for the J1zzmobile. You know how mainlander ballers like to be chauffeured.

BangBros said:
iacrenter said:
BangBros said:

thanks for the congrats.  But let me ask you this. 

The E60 M5 was a monster V-10 engine.  That thing did 0-60 4.2 second.  AND it was speed delimited.  It's top speed was 204 mph.  And...let's not forget, it was a 4 door.

The M4 today, is still governed at 155mph. 

So you're telling me the M5 is not 'M' worthy because of the doors?  ;D ;D

BMW will sadly never make another glorious V10 like that again. I love the sound of that engine screaming to redline.

Back