Looking for new communities in the $500-$600k range

pjs4x4

I am looking for new communities or communities that are planning to be built in the $500-$600k range. I have checked out The Vine at Portola Springs and the plan that we like has a waiting list. I have checked out Willow but the 3-story set up does not work for us. I have also checked out Avalon but there is also a waiting list for the plan that we like. We would like either a 1-story or 2-story with a bedroom on the 1st floor. We are looking for a 2 bedroom 2 bath with a 2 car (side by side but can do tandem.

Am I missing any other communities in Irvine? Is anyone aware of other communities that we will built that will be built in that range?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

BangBros said:
Have you checked Lantana CV?

I believe I checked those out but if I remember correctly, they were tri-level and the plan 2 had a bedroom downstairs.  I remember that my wife did not like it for some reason but will check it out again this weekend. 

Does anyone know the current pricing and phase of Lantana?

Thanks in advance.

#Flamesuit on!

I know I sound like a Baker Ranch spokesman by know (I know I know this is TalkIrvine) but $500-$600k can get a nice house in The Rowe
http://www.liveatbakerranch.com/homes/the-rowe

I've seen these models before and they are spacious

Their plan 2 or 3 which is 3 bedrooms start around $554,900 no MelloRoos
3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths.
Approx. 1,563 sq. ft
(949) 916-9688

If you have kids or will have kids soon and are looking for Irvine Schools, sorry ignore my post LOL (there's another education post somewhere here for that...)

irvinehomeowner said:
SoclosetoIrvine said:
#Flamesuit on!

Go back to the Orange County subforums where you belong!!

Just kidding. :) :) :)

And Reviews of Chuck E Cheeses!  ;)

j/p.. yeah the Vine in PS would be a nice fit.

I'll have a Sheridan Place Plan 3 attached condo listing coming up (3bed/3bath, 1650sf, and a side yard) in the mid $600s if you are interested.

pjs4x4 said:
I am looking for new communities or communities that are planning to be built in the $500-$600k range. I have checked out The Vine at Portola Springs and the plan that we like has a waiting list. I have checked out Willow but the 3-story set up does not work for us. I have also checked out Avalon but there is also a waiting list for the plan that we like.

Just want to point out that After Avalon is sold out, there will be no more new build in that price range west of 133 in Irvine.  After Eastwood, all the future attached condos in your price range will be in various Portola Springs and Great Park developments.

If you like the EW neighborhood and Avalon, get on the waiting list ASAP since this will be your last opportunity for a new build at this price range in this side of Irvine. 

Good Luck.

lnc said:
pjs4x4 said:
I am looking for new communities or communities that are planning to be built in the $500-$600k range. I have checked out The Vine at Portola Springs and the plan that we like has a waiting list. I have checked out Willow but the 3-story set up does not work for us. I have also checked out Avalon but there is also a waiting list for the plan that we like.

Just want to point out that After Avalon is sold out, there will be no more new build in that price range west of 133 in Irvine.  After Eastwood, all the future attached condos in your price range will be in various Portola Springs and Great Park developments.

If you like the EW neighborhood and Avalon, get on the waiting list ASAP since this will be your last opportunity for a new build at this price range in this side of Irvine. 

Good Luck.

Nice post! Is Avalon the one where there's a 2nd floor that has an open modern deck feel? I remember feel thinking they did a nice job on it.  The only objection I remember having about it was the bedrooms being right next to each other.  I usually prefer having either a bedroom downstairs or the two bedrooms on different ends with kitchen in middle as it gives more privacy just in case you have one of the bedrooms rented out. 

lnc said:

Is that a 3 floor set up?  Reminds me a lot of Madison in Central Park West, a Lennar build over there next to Jamboree/Michelson 405 side. 

Hope they follow suite and have floorplans with high ceilings as I really liked how Lennar had this open space concept.  My only reason against buying there was school district was tied to Santa Ana so bought in Cypress village instead years back

irvinehomeowner said:
SoclosetoIrvine said:
#Flamesuit on!

Go back to the Orange County subforums where you belong!!

Just kidding. :) :) :)

I thought 1 smiley face was enough, but to put 3!?!?
You were really scarred by that LoNL scandal weren't you?

lnc said:
pjs4x4 said:

Good Luck.

I appreciate the info. Good to know.

Definitely check out Lantana is CVE. The plan 4 has 4 bedrooms with one downstairs. It's also the lowest MR and HOAs aren't that bad.

It's in the upper 600s but if you pre-qualify and compare monthly rates, you might be surprised at what you can afford.

If you pre-qfy which starts at low 800k; you could have a detached home with much more interior space. Both are in the same community next to each other. Good luck on your search.

TriPoint and Lyon in Parasol Park will have homes in the $500k-600k. TriPoint will have a 10 pack greencourt but most likely start in the high 600. Pulte will have an 8 pack green court in the $700k

Greencourt?  Oh brother, these marketing guys...

I feel better already about sharing my driveway with 9 other families - I'm helping the environment.  Must be some tax credit for this.

Is a Leaf or Tesla a prerequisite for green court ownership?

Thank you everyone for the info and advice.  We went back today and checked out several models today including Avalon, The Vine, Brio, Indigo, Lantana, and also went the meet the builder event at Parasol Park.

Here are some quick and dirty notes:

Avalon: Good entry level price for the Plan 1. We pre-qualified but waiting list is quite long although they would not tell us how many people are in line which we thought was weird/fishy. Some things that we did not like are the tandem garage, stackable washer/dryer, and no kitchen island. I went to the upstairs floor plan and stomped as hard as I could but my wife said the noise was not too bad and could be heard mostly in the garage area of plan 1.

Brio: Plan 1 price is above the $600k limit at $630k+ but had a good layout, I like that it had 3 bedrooms or 2 bedrooms + den option. All the living space was on 1 floor and we liked the outside patio. We did not test the noise from upstairs but they had an overlay of plan 2 over plan 1 and we were told that most of the upstairs living space is above the garage areas, however we did not confirm.

Indigo: Plan 2 would be our main choice but is way above our budget at $650k+. It has 1 bedroom downstairs and a bathroom which would be one of main requirements. We liked that the downstairs bathroom had a seat/ledge and also liked the patio with storage room.

Lantana: Plan 1x would be the best bet for us since there is a bedroom and bathroom on the first floor. However, we did not like that the living room/dining room/kitchen on the second floor felt a little small. Finally, the master and other bedroom on the 3rd floor were okay but we felt like it was a workout getting from floor to floor. I think we ruled out a tri-level just due to convenience and  marketability later on if we decide to sell/rent.

The Vine: Wife seems to think that I compare all the models we see to either Plan 2 or Plan 3 at the Vine. The Plan 3 is $590k+ and is a 2 bedroom and 2 bath. We like that the garage has a small workshop area and that the washer/dryer are side-by-side. In addition, the garage is 2 car side-by-side. The kitchen has an island and all the living space is all on 1 floor. We did not test the noise from upstairs neighbors but the ceilings on the plan 3 seemed pretty high. At either $590k for the plan 3 or $540k for the plan 2, are there better options than these plans for the price? Maybe I have tunnel vision but wanted to get everyone's opinion on if I am missing something.

Community: We liked Eastwood Village and Portola Springs. However, for some reason, Cypress Village did not stand out to us.

Meet the Builder Event: Sorry for the weak review but we felt that Parasol Park would probably be out of our price range and felt that the outside designs of all the builders were bland, boxy, and boring. The event was pretty nice. There was free coffee. In addition, there were some pastries, cookies, and drinks. There was a balloon maker, an area for children to color, and each builder had small freebies. My wife liked that there were flowers. They had pre-made bouquets that you could take or we had the option to select a couple flowers and have them make one for you.

Back