NWP or OH

lovingit

Do you guys think NWP is more desirable than even OH? Even in five years from now?  Noticed price/sq ft sold is higher even with the older floor plans.  I understand the IUSD and the mello almost being expired but it's way older.

Elevation will always trump flatland (OH > NWP). OH will always price higher vs NWP now and in the future. NWP has bigger lots but you are stuck with older floor plans and would have to factor in renovation costs. NWP is also walking distance to the elementary school and high school--though nobody seems to walk in Irvine.

Landscaping, lot size, and interior post close upgrades+MR will  be factors in pricing differences.

Other than the plan 4 La Vita resale, not many resellers on the OH side have made out well.  Even with landscaping done.

Both good options, but I'd go with OH:
OH is up the hill, which tends to appreciate/retain value better than flat.  Some lots have views to Catalina Island. It is also much newer with more current floor plans, which is also good for appreciation/retaining value. The IUSD vs. TUSD issue has been discussed ad nauseum, but suffice it to say that the schools that both neighborhoods are zoned to are really good regardless of district.
Good luck! ;D

Or just wait until the next OH neighborhood opens up, iusd side, some with views, Capella sized homes...

Orchard Hills 3 will be the crown jewel of Irvine if you can wait until Fall 2017 to place your deposit. The views will be spectacular!

Buying at the peak in an expensive neighborhood is never a good idea. Most of the homeowners are over leveraged so just wait for the down cycle. Many don't have the reserve to get through several months once laid off. I suggest buying then. Chinese cash had dried up in the luxury market.

I definitely think that OH is the better buy.  The topography, the grand entrance with the wide roads/big signs, the newer floor plans, great schools, proximity to shopping and just the fact that it is so pretty up there would make OH the clear winner :)

How about OH3 vs HC? 

Someone once told me that hot air gets blown from the ocean to OH hills, and gets "trapped" during the day.  Not sure if that's true...

Funkie said:
How about OH3 vs HC? 

Someone once told me that hot air gets blown from the ocean to OH hills, and gets "trapped" during the day.  Not sure if that's true...

totally different class of homes.  HC is >4500 sq ft and by the looks of it OH3 will be some medium sized SFRs with a bunch of condos and even attached products based on the last info.  better to compare HC with toll in OH1 groves in which i think HC wins.

[/quote]

totally different class of homes.  HC is >4500 sq ft and by the looks of it OH3 will be some medium sized SFRs with a bunch of condos and even attached products based on the last info.  better to compare HC with toll in OH1 groves in which i think HC wins.
[/quote]

I must have a really dated copy of OH3 layout.  Mine shows nice cul-de-sacs in OH3, thought they would be large homes....

Attachments

• orchard_hills_planning_08.jpg
    orchard_hills_planning_08.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 157
Funkie said:
I must have a really dated copy of OH3 layout.  Mine shows nice cul-de-sacs in OH3, thought they would be large homes....

They completely redesign the OH3.  They eliminate some parks, relocated the elementary school and add more homes.  Also according to MYOB/LONL's site, the largest home probably just a bit over 4000 s.f. and it will be something similar to Messina.

PM me if you want the inside scoop.  :)

J/K, no need to send me a pm, more info here.
http://thenewhomeblog.wixsite.com/t...-Bombshell-Part-2-Product-Types-Locations-etc

lovingit said:
Do you guys think NWP is more desirable than even OH? Even in five years from now?  Noticed price/sq ft sold is higher even with the older floor plans.  I understand the IUSD and the mello almost being expired but it's way older.

The biggest factor is the school .  Northwood High is the best school right now (even surpassing Uni) .  Makes a big difference w prospective buyers .  Just ask around w a few agents and they will tell you the same thing. 

Floor plans are dated but actually better than some of the weirded out plans in the mid 2000s construction Quail Hill / Turtle Ridge. 

fortune11 said:
The biggest factor is the school .  Northwood High is the best school right now (even surpassing Uni) .  Makes a big difference w prospective buyers .  Just ask around w a few agents and they will tell you the same thing. 

Floor plans are dated but actually better than some of the weirded out plans in the mid 2000s construction Quail Hill / Turtle Ridge. 

i believe the majority of OH (OH 2,3,4) is assigned to northwood HS.  just not the groves.

Back