PS or cypress village

Cypress is more "central" but I think better bang for the buck in PS.  YOu just have to wait for the stuff to get built out and develop. 

PS home are indeed a better bang for the buck but they do have slighty higher MR and HOA than CV. 

lnc said:
PS home are indeed a better bang for the buck but they do have slighty higher MR and HOA than CV.

How much is Hoa at CV?

I think Cypress Village East, the part away from the rest of CV and on the BP side next to Great Park is a winner. All the fun stuff of BP and PS and the lowest MR. If you are looking for homes under a million, that's a great choice.

CV is probably better investment but it's so flat and boring.  PS has some hills and not everything is grid like.  Also more apts in CV so feels a lot more crowded to me.  I'd go PS but hey that's just me.

I think PS for better long term value. cypress village east is sandwiched between sand canyon and the 133, right next to the bus depot and otherwise chockablock with apartments. Isn't a good portion of the required affordable housing mandated by law in Irvine going into that area? Its shiny and new now, but in 20 years I predict its going to be the next El Camino Real of Irvine. Certain old parts of Irvine have kept their value because of good inherent design (such as Turtle Rock). I don't think Cypress Village is going to be one of those.

One thing I noticed as well is the better diversity in PS.  Probably because they have a big mix of SFR, detached condos, and townhomes. 

If close access to Asian food and stuff is very important to you, Cypress might be a good choice.  Everytime I have to run errand to 99 ranch or pickup food in the Cypress Village / Orangetree shopping center or the center where Dunkin is or drop-off/pickup my daughter from Karis Academy, I always wished I lived in Cypress instead of PS.  But other than that, as mentioned by other, Cypress is the classic cookie cutter very dense home and grid like streets and least diverse.  So if I have to do it all over again.. I would still pick PS  >:D

GH said:
Everytime I drop-off/pickup my daughter from Karis Academy, I always wished I lived in Cypress instead of PS.

Hmmm.. that's at least twice a day?  That's a lot of regret.

We recently moved to Portola Springs Enclave 3. Beautiful mountain views from our living and bedrooms ! Parks are great. We have met couple of Beacon Park families coming to the two parks in PS3. They mentioned the play structures are good in PS3 parks especially for little kids. One of the park's pool is heated throughout the year !!

When we were shopping for houses, we were too attached to a Cypress Village (Location) - but the price were 30K to 40K more than PS enclave 3. So we ended up buying in PS. It takes about 10 minutes from Cypress village to PS. I agree with other's posts about the distance. CV is in central location and closer to various shopping centers. Comparing the mello roos between exact similar floor plans that we live - PS3 MR is about $500 more than CV..

Alana said:
We recently moved to Portola Springs Enclave 3. Beautiful mountain views from our living and bedrooms ! Parks are great. We have met couple of Beacon Park families coming to the two parks in PS3. They mentioned the play structures are good in PS3 parks especially for little kids. One of the park's pool is heated throughout the year !!

When we were shopping for houses, we were too attached to a Cypress Village (Location) - but the price were 30K to 40K more than PS enclave 3. So we ended up buying in PS. It takes about 10 minutes from Cypress village to PS. I agree with other's posts about the distance. CV is in central location and closer to various shopping centers. Comparing the mello roos between exact similar floor plans that we live - PS3 MR is about $500 more than CV..

eventually you will give and and get a FasTrak.

Alana said:

what's your HOA and are you in a detached?

paydawg said:
Alana said:

what's your HOA and are you in a detached?
Master + Community = $348 (will be $325 at build out) ;  $134 for Master (PS).
It is an attached, corner town home.

Back