Auburn Stonegate - "Home Buying Experiences" from Richmond American Homes

cghirvine

We are one of the buyers who is buying a new construction from Richmond American Homes at Auburn Stonegate before their Grand Opening, and here are experiences so far.

The floorplan that we bought, Chelsea w/o basement,  has no Model Home; however, the saleperson walked us through similar one that they built on Lot#5 to show us what the house look like, and what included/not included with the house & options that we are going to pay for. Because of the house design and options that they were included in the price, we decided to purchase.

We visited Home Design Gallery and the headaches start ever since. We constantly have to 'wrestled'/proved to them what came the house/price we are paying for.
There are number of things that we were told or have seen from the sale book at their Sale Center that stated as "Standard", when we came to the HDG, they rejected those facts, and we had to go through 1 by 1 'wrestled'/proved to them those came the house/price.
For example, in their 'sale book' the kitchen cabinets came with 6 stain colors, the HDG kept denied and saying 5 'til we proved it

Couple weeks ago, they came back to us saying that our "Artist Loft" Option didn't have the little 'Juliet Balcony' like what they showed us @lot 5 before we signed the contract. Even though couple of their staffs, including the superintendent agreed that is part of the "Loft Option Package", but the HGD manager said that was the mistake and refused to honor that.

We wonder if other buyers have similar experiences like ours, and how did they deal with.

I don't have any input to provide, just curious where their design center is?

They really should have a list of standard and upgrades.  I remember the other models had such sheets.

Sadly, TI is not powerful enough for you to rant on here and get results.  Social media helps with quality complaints, but the social media has to reach a critical mass first. 

Does TI still lack the popularity to get builders to react?

This is the 2nd complaint abour RA? after oceanmonkeys ellwood mold problem.

irvineshadow said:
I don't have any input to provide, just curious where their design center is?

They really should have a list of standard and upgrades.  I remember the other models had such sheets.

Near UCI (5171 California Ave, Irvine, CA 92617)

Back