Musick jail

renter1

How come there is a jail next to all these new beacon and portola residences and no one seems to be talking that much about it. Isnt I t an active jail with over 1000 inmates and plans to expand? Isn't it pretty close to portola high??

A neighborhood minimum security jail is a community amenity, like the sports park. If you get arrested for racing your BMW up Sand Canyon, you can walk home after you make bail because your BMW will be in the impound lot.

Can easily save 20 from not taking UBER with a brisk walk. Indeed a nice amenities. I wonder if realtor agent ever will use this line to market the housing close by. This can collect royalty for sure.

As a BR resident, I'm really looking forward to Irvine company finishing Portola high and building out Altair (supposedly $1 million+ houses)...I know Lake Forest as a city isn't quite the legal powerhouse like Irvine company. 

The more invested they are in the area, the more they will oppose the Jail and eventually find grounds to get it removed.  All it takes are a few concerned parents with students at Portola high to get enough political support for change...

Not sure what there is to be worried about...

If you escaped from jail would you stick around? Or maybe you think there are 'chain-gangs' singing along side of the road while diggin' ditches.  ;D

Patty O Furniture said:

If you escaped from jail would you stick around? Or maybe you think there are 'chain-gangs' singing along side of the road while diggin' ditches.  ;D

You'd be looking for a place to hide.  Maybe take a hostage or two if you were cornered.  Baker ranch for sure!

dethman said:
Patty O Furniture said:

You'd be looking for a place to hide.  Maybe take a hostage or two if you were cornered.  Baker ranch for sure!

Whoa there! U leave bAker ranch alone!
I would think that uphill climb to baker ranch would be too much cardio lol they going straight to Irvine blvd and portola high school  >:D

SoclosetoIrvine said:
dethman said:
Patty O Furniture said:

Whoa there! U leave bAker ranch alone!
I would think that uphill climb to baker ranch would be too much cardio lol they going straight to Irvine blvd and portola high school  >:D

Whoa touched a nerve =D.  Alright fine the escaped inmates probably will terrorize Portola and Altair first then.  I wouldn't want to walk up the hill to BR either.

As far back I could think of back to the late 80's all escapees went uphill toward Portola Parkway direction. Back then there there were no toll road and Foothill Ranch was in its infancy. I think heading toward the wilderness is much harder for law enforcement to track them down vs the city roads where it's too easy to get spotted and notifying authority of someone wearing a blue jumpsuit.

I think they subconsciously head uphill.  If you look at the layout of the jail, all the escapes happened out the back past the yard area.  Once you're out and in that area, if you head downhill it would feel like you're going right past or through the jail you've just worked so hard to escape from. 

I'd go straight to the resort at Baker Ranch and take a dip to celebrate my freedom.

Good observation! This was why the escapees did not head downhill having to cross the front door and the facility. The odd of getting notice was just too high. I would rather hike uphill too.

Who knew TI turned out to be such a great place to get advice on where to go after escaping from jail.

Musick jail is often called Camp Snoopy. There are no dangerous inmates in there. Its all very minimum security inmates that love it there compared to the other OC facilities because they get to go outside much more. If the break rules, they are sent back to the other facilities in very short order. Its non issue.

Back