Indigo portola springs phase 5

Aishwarya

Hi everyone.. I am looking to buy the indigo residence plan 2 at portola springs ( California pacific homes). I would like to know if someone already moved in there? If so, how is the neighborhood.. Did you go with a realtor? Would you recommend buying a new house?

Thanks in advance

Hello Aishwarya,

We may move soon to indigo and I like  the location .  Few days back I spoke to one of the residents and I got the positive review. I would definitely recommend to buy these houses.

Wow now the sales staff are creating multiple user names and chatting with themselves.  Bravo.

Aishwarya, if I were you I would look elsewhere.  I have a friend who lives in Indigo and he is second guessing his purchase.  The location is awful, he can smell the Bowerman landfill from him home.  The Musick Jail is no more than a couple miles down the street, and they are proposing a cemetery to be built across the street with weekly 21 gun salutes that are sure to wake the dead.  He also has frequent run in's with coyote's at night, and says most of his neighbors blast rap music until 3am. 

He's worried about homeless living nearby in the abandon army barracks off Irvine Blvd, possibly invading his community for shelter once those buildings are demo'd.  Also something about the balconies being used to dry clothing, and the neighbors kids relieving themselves in the alleyway.  Other than that he loves the place. 

On second thought, maybe you should run to put your deposit in this weekend.  With all these amenities, the price has nowhere to go but up. 

We have friends that moved there and they are very happy.  He didn't say anything about rap but did say his neighbors were quiet.  If I were you, I would visit the neighborhood at different times of the day on a weekday and weekend to see if you hear anything.  Also, you should go there and see if you can smell the landfill.  I personally have never smelled it in all the times that I visited them and they said they never smelled it.  As to clothing being dried on balconies, I have not seen it, but that doesn't mean it's not happening.  You should go to the neighborhoods on different days and see for yourself.

We live in WB but have a lot of friends in PS area and no complaints at all.  They are happy with the brand new elementary and high school right by them and really like all the amenities.  There will also be a shopping center planned across the street in the near future.

The jail and cemetery thing if it is really an issue, affects all the neighborhoods around there, including PP/BP.  And our resident architect/expert IHShopper saids that the cemetery will never happen (I think there is even a thread that saids it is going that way already).  The Coyote thing is the same, if it is an issue, it affects all those neighborhoods there. 

Having said all this, could be that Aqua's friend and my friend live on a different street in the neighborhood and therefore experiencing different situations.  I guess, what neighbors you get is in the luck of the draw wherever you move to.

IrvineNinja said:
The jail and cemetery thing if it is really an issue, affects all the neighborhoods around there, including PP/BP.  And our resident architect/expert IHShopper saids that the cemetery will never happen (I think there is even a thread that saids it is going that way already).  The Coyote thing is the same, if it is an issue, it affects all those neighborhoods there. 

There are different perspective and other business interest involved in regards to the cemetery. That's what you call a conflict of interest.

IrvineNinja said:
Having said all this, could be that Aqua's friend and my friend live on a different street in the neighborhood and therefore experiencing different situations.  I guess, what neighbors you get is in the luck of the draw wherever you move to.

I am assuming Aqua was being fictitious/sarcastic or may be it is not only sales staff with multiple User Names chatting with each other  >:D

Aishwarya said:
Hi everyone.. I am looking to buy the indigo residence plan 2 at portola springs ( California pacific homes). I would like to know if someone already moved in there? If so, how is the neighborhood.. Did you go with a realtor? Would you recommend buying a new house?

Thanks in advance

we have friends in indigo and silver leaf residences and they are happy with the neighborhood. We are also moving to indigo next month. we visited at different timings and never had any experience of bad smell

I've been to the model homes for this and it's true. If the cemetery comes, Indigo will be almost right next to it.  If you are a fan of cemeteries and this is a forever home, Should be no problem! Resale may be tough with the chinese if it does come since it's bad feng shui for them. 

On a side note, been following the other thread on the cemetery and it does seem there is a chance it might not ever happen so keep pressing on folks!  ;D Also if you guys could get enough support to move or close the Musick Jail, i'd appreciate it too LOL (BR resident here)

Irvine Dream said:
IrvineNinja said:

I am assuming Aqua was being fictitious/sarcastic or may be it is not only sales staff with multiple User Names chatting with each other  >:D

Assumption confirmed.

We live in Indigo. We moved about 3 months ago. We like the community, it is quiet and nicer. There are two PS community parks and pools very close - kids wading pool, nice play structures. Cal Pac customer service is excellent !!

Not sure about negative things - haven't experienced anything bad !! But for sure,  PS3/PS feels secluded from the main Irvine area. Hope it gets better and prettier with more trees !! Waiting game until other GP districts and PS enclaves are built out .

aquabliss said:
Wow now the sales staff are creating multiple user names and chatting with themselves.  Bravo.

Aishwarya, if I were you I would look elsewhere.  I have a friend who lives in Indigo and he is second guessing his purchase.  The location is awful, he can smell the Bowerman landfill from him home.  The Musick Jail is no more than a couple miles down the street, and they are proposing a cemetery to be built across the street with weekly 21 gun salutes that are sure to wake the dead.  He also has frequent run in's with coyote's at night, and says most of his neighbors blast rap music until 3am. 

He's worried about homeless living nearby in the abandon army barracks off Irvine Blvd, possibly invading his community for shelter once those buildings are demo'd.  Also something about the balconies being used to dry clothing, and the neighbors kids relieving themselves in the alleyway.  Other than that he loves the place. 

On second thought, maybe you should run to put your deposit in this weekend.  With all these amenities, the price has nowhere to go but up.

LOL!!!  If I was considering a purchase there, this would have done it for me.

aquabliss said:

It may get better or not, with the new apartments nearby.  8)

Irvineindian said:
Aishwarya said:

Thanks in advance

we have friends in indigo and silver leaf residences and they are happy with the neighborhood. We are also moving to indigo next month. we visited at different timings and never had any experience of bad smell

Thanks, which phase are you going in? Did you pay the deposit already

Alana said:
We live in Indigo. We moved about 3 months ago. We like the community, it is quiet and nicer. There are two PS community parks and pools very close - kids wading pool, nice play structures. Cal Pac customer service is excellent !!

Not sure about negative things - haven't experienced anything bad !! But for sure,  PS3/PS feels secluded from the main Irvine area. Hope it gets better and prettier with more trees !! Waiting game until other GP districts and PS enclaves are built out .

Thanks.. That adds to my confidence for sure. Which floor plan did you buy?

Aishwarya said:
Alana said:

Thanks.. That adds to my confidence for sure. Which floor plan did you buy?
Residence 3X

Aishwarya said:
Irvineindian said:
Aishwarya said:

Thanks in advance

Thanks, which phase are you going in? Did you pay the deposit already

Phase3

I still say that Aishwarya, Psiphase, Alana, and Irvineindian are all one person from the sales office or marketing team just rambling on to themselves. 

aquabliss said:

That was FUNNY!  Sarcastic, but Funny!

The million dollar homes at Lambert Ranch are located right under the landfill and I don't see complaints on TI; It's not close to Indigo by any means. 

The jail facility is miles away, on the other side of Alton, which might as well be in Lake Forest.

50% of Portola High School staff was pulled from University HS. 

Coyotes are everywhere! 

Vet cemetery has a lot of opposition and most likely will not happen. 

There is no landfill adjacent to any of the homes in that development. The builder at Indigo is California Pacific Homes, so you are good there. I walked the models and they are much better floor plans than many other of the attached product around town. I have had 1 client buy there and is very happy with the home.

Hi,

We recently reserved home for indigo plan 2 in Portola spring. We shall be moving in December

We have friend residing there and he had positive feedback.

We are first time home buyers and with budget and timeline constraint we thought it was good buy.

It has bedroom downstairs which was one of our top priority.

Landfill is really far from enclave where the current phases are build. Also it is less crowded.

With due respect to everyone, I feel opinion are subjective and different people want different things and hence the varied views.

Cheers!

Back