Pavilion Park

IrvineBruin

I was wondering if anyone living in Pavilion Park can comment on how they like it?  I'm looking around for a new home and wanted to get impressions from people who live there.

irvinehomeowner said:
I guess we won't know until we see the other 5P tracts, but I think PP is the best new neighborhood (including OH).

Common!! Perspective, Paris, Goriot, Dethman  you can't take this lying down, Lets the fight begins >:D

I think pavillion park is very nice too. Not congested. Looks different than Irvine company identical houses and neighborhoods . Isn't doing as well resale wise though which I find odd.

renter1 said:
I think pavillion park is very nice too. Not congested. Looks different than Irvine company identical houses and neighborhoods . Isn't doing as well resale wise though which I find odd.

MR is a killer there.  That's what is prevent me from pulling the trigger...

Isn't it basically same Mello Roos as orchard hills or new portola springs? New home company in portola springs Mello Roos almost identical

renter1 said:
Isn't it basically same Mello Roos as orchard hills or new portola springs? New home company in portola springs Mello Roos almost identical

Let's compare Pavilion Park MR vs Orchard Hills MR

26 prospect at Pavilion park. 2,011 sqft detached condo.  Here's their property tax bill http://tax.ocgov.com/tcweb/search_parcel.asp?streetname=126%20prospect&t_city=&t_parcel_no=93217671

$5,285 of mello roos

120 Mustang at Orchard hills, 2,101 sqft detached condo.  Here's their property tax bill http://tax.ocgov.com/tcweb/search_parcel.asp?streetname=120%20mustang&t_city=&t_parcel_no=93822960

$3,538 of mello roos

These particular homes have a similar lot size.

Looks like Pavilion park is about $1,700 more of MR annually than Orchard Hills. 

You look at detached houses 2500-2800 sq foot Mello Roos about the same 5-6000 in orchard and pavillion strada and lennar or whistler homes . New home company also in 5000s at portola springs

renter1 said:
You look at detached houses 2500-2800 sq foot Mello Roos about the same 5-6000 in orchard and pavillion strada and lennar or whistler homes . New home company also in 5000s at portola springs

I don't understand what you're saying/asking.

Eh, okay.

IrvineBruin said:
I was wondering if anyone living in Pavilion Park can comment on how they like it?  I'm looking around for a new home and wanted to get impressions from people who live there.

A friend lives in pavilion park. It's husband, wife, 3 year old, grandma, and grandpa.  From what I hear they're very happy there, no complaints.  If you have any specific questions I'd be glad to ask and follow up, just let me know.

Personally I think PP is charming due in part to the homes exterior and slightly larger back yards than much of similar priced Irvine Company product.

The neighborhood is nice. No attached units and plenty of space. Only bad part about PP are the higher MRs that go up every year.

That and the ridge raceway, a lot of folks cut through to portola springs from the road. But I do agree, the neighborhood is less dense due to the detached products plus the larger than TIC lots

I've lived in  Pavilion Park for 2.5 years.  Like any community there are good and bad points.  For my family though, the good outweighs the bad.  Here's a few that come to mind. (besides the MR which is obvious and variable based on home size)

Pro's
1) Spacing Between Homes - Between the stucco on both sides I think I have 13ft on one side and 12ft on the other side.  This gives me bigger side yards and more privacy.  A couple feet here on both sides really make a difference when you look at other new communities.
2) Not Congested - We moved from Woodbury because it was getting crazy crowded and I hated going home and seeing cars parked all up and down the street every night.  In PP if you're not in the motorcourt area (or across from it), you have a lot of space to yourself.  On my street particularly cars aren't usually parked on the street, and I can count the number of times on 1 hand that cars have parked in front of my home that aren't my guests.
3) Lot Size - A larger percentage of homes here have large lots than other communities.  It helps in spacing all around your neighbors.  This was the main reason we chose the community and my kids love to play in the back yard and they have the space to do so.
4) Uniqueness - The elevations in the neighborhood (as well as BP) are all very different compared to the TIC properties in other new neighborhoods which are basically all santa barbara or italian elevations.

Con's:
1) Common Area's - The community landscaping was cool at first (the deciduous look), but I'm now tired of it and long for Irvine Company common area landscaping.  Also the maintenance company doesn't do a good job of trimming bushes/trees, mowing grass etc. 
2) HOA - The HOA here is slow to address anything and they love issuing fines.  Submittals for anything take forever to hear back on, and if they reject your submittal, you have to start the entire process (same lengthy wait time) all over again.
3) Common Area's - There is  basically one main  pool + lawn area  for all the residents.  We miss that about Woodbury where if we went to a pool and it was crowded, we could try 3 or 4 other pools just a 2 minute drive away.  Also the pocket parks in Woodbury are great and there's always some green area or playground nearby to take your kids out.

I'm sure there's more (on both sides) but those were the first that came to mind.  Let us know if you need anymore details.

Moved to PP from the beginning... and so far so good.  We love living here, my only concern right now is the future possible traffic  congestion Irvine blvd and Sand Canyon due to  the number of homes that will be built here.  All the cons that Aquabliss listed are true

Lifestyle is driven by the quality and quantity of open space. Greatpark wins for having more green space dedicated for play. Its a walking and biking friendly community with a bridge to connect to other theme facilities. The neighborhoods at the Greatpark is a part of a greater consortium where facilities are shared and each is themed differently. This is the reason to visit other communities for a different facilities. Orchard has the same pocket parks and recreational area thus there is no reason to go outside. 

The biggest reason to buy in Irvine besides safety is school.

Portola High School vs Beckman.

Beckman is a great school but currently is in the decline due to to the diminishing baby boom  population from home ownership. The peak success was 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015. It has to do with student population from home ownership vs apartments. Students growing up together created the success for Myford/Pioneer/ Beckman the perfect trio. The peak successful years were 2013, 2014, and 2015 with the highest acceptances to the top colleges. For example in one year there were 6 acceptances to Stanford and that same year 7 ivy colleges.

There are too many apartments in the Beckman district. Despite of the good intention of the parents by renting in a good school district during their children's high school years the students actually suffered by not being able to keep up academically with other "native" students. Their API scores of renters pulled the school's API average down. Transient population causes problem at schools.

Northwood's peak years were earlier than Beckman because Northwood Point was built out earlier.

Irvine High and Woodbridge peaked even earlier from the 90's to 2,000

Portola will be Irvine's highest performing high school in the future. Five point's Parasol Park is targeting the young families with products conducive to entry level price point . Irvine's future baby generation will be at the Greatpark. Olympic caliber sports parks are being planned near Base Camp and so is the future downtown. The amenities will be diverse and pedestrian friendly. There will be no linear strip malls. 

Orchard's higher home prices are for mature families without kids. A kid here and there will not make Beckman or Northwood HS outstanding.

Open spaces, amenities, and schools are much more desirable in PP's context.

one of the things that turned us off to PP and BP were the extra taxes.  i'm looking at a 4159 sq ft home in OH, mello roos is $7100/yr.  i looked at legend, which is about 4300 sq foot to start, and mello roos was about 12-14K/yr.  that's a lot of extra moolah.

we also actually don't like the mish mashed home styles in PP and BP.  too many different contrasting and clashing styles.  modern lennar condos with craftsman and then colonial SFRs, mixed in with some mediterranean stuff.  it looks like some place with no HOA and people just built whatever they want.  call us boring and cookie cutter but we love the classic all mediterranean feel with the trees in OH.

Back