Asians now are the largest group in Irvine

Cupertino's demographics is currently at 63% Asian and 31% White and seems their demographics are only 10 years ahead of Irvine, and Johns Creek is 15 years behind Irvine. Within 15 years, Johns Creek will also become an Asian majority city just like Irvine is today.

Demographic Profile of Cupertino, CAhttps://suburbanstats.org/population/california/how-many-people-live-in-cupertino

Article on White Flight out of Johns Creekhttps://psmag.com/ghosts-of-white-p...om-an-asian-ethnoburb-b550ba986cdb#.wyfoopq2m

Proves my theory turning into 626. Better hope it's turning into Arcadia/San Marino and not Alhambra.

Panda said:
Cupertino's demographics is currently at 63% Asian and 31% White and seems their demographics are only 10 years ahead of Irvine, and Johns Creek is 15 years behind Irvine. Within 15 years, Johns Creek will also become an Asian majority city just like Irvine is today.

Demographic Profile of Cupertino, CAhttps://suburbanstats.org/population/california/how-many-people-live-in-cupertino

Article on White Flight out of Johns Creekhttps://psmag.com/ghosts-of-white-p...om-an-asian-ethnoburb-b550ba986cdb#.wyfoopq2m

I don't think the whites are leaving Irvine as much as all the new construction is being gobbled up by asians, thus increasing the asian percentage compared to whites. 

Most Irvine schools I believe are ~50% asian.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say the new schools serving the new communities will be 90%.

abosch00 said:
Panda said:

I don't think the whites are leaving Irvine as much as all the new construction is being gobbled up by asians, thus increasing the asian percentage compared to whites. 

Most Irvine schools I believe are ~50% asian.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say the new schools serving the new communities will be 90%.

I took informal count of student last names my kids class in one of the newer schools. The numbers are:

Asian last names: 20
Indian last names: 7
Caucasian last name: 1
Hispanic last name: 1

Other classes would be in more or less same boat.

abosch00 said:
I do think there is some cashing out involved and then moving to retirement areas like South County or the beach communities.
This is probably true, although older schools are probably more like 70% non-Asian.

I think it's funny how people complain about too many Asians in Irvine but live in any other city and there will always be complaints about a group of residents (too many fat Austrians, etc).

abosch00 said:

It's definitely both. Irvine housing has gotten out of whack with surrounding OC communities so when whites look to move up, they end up often leaving Irvine.

#1 Reason: More bang for your buck
#2 Reason: Live in a community with mostly native English speakers.

Have a lot of white friends that have left Irvine in recent years for communities such as Tustin, Foothill Ranch, Baker Ranch, Ladera Ranch, RSM, etc.

I grow up in Cerritos and I've witness white leaving the city over the last 4 decades which was pretty dramatic.  When our family move there in the late 70's, it's a predominantly white neighborhoods and there are hardly any other minorities.  Currently the city's ethnic makeup are about 62% Asian, 12% Latinos, 10% others and only 16% white. 

I don't know if Irvine will ever become something like that in term of racial makeup, but the trend certainly looks like it. 

Cornflakes said:
abosch00 said:
Panda said:

I took informal count of student last names my kids class in one of the newer schools. The numbers are:

That kid with the causcasian last name may be half asian.  LOL

Inc,

Back when was in college in mid to late 90s Cerritos was already known as the new Korea Town in LA.

I wanted to ask you guys a serious question about sending your kids to IUSD. No doubt that Irvine is a desirable place to live especially for Asians. Good centralized location for jobs, Close proximity to Asian restuarants and groceries, Good weather, Nice beaches, Good Schools, beautiful homes etc. 

How do you guys feel about sending your kids to a 90% Asian class that Cornflakes listed below? The reason I ask is that one of my boys' class looks just like the profile Cornflake described below except there is one african american student rather than a hispanic student and 3 white kids total. When I was in first grade I remember going out and playing with my friends everyday making forts in our backyard, playing tag, and riding our bikes. Seriously, I can't believe the how much homework my 1st grader gets everyday.

Sometimes I wonder if the school so is focused on maintaining their high test scores over the emotional health of a child. Many of the Asian parents here are recent immigrants and they are very driven and competitive. 

Anyone else here thinking the the same? I would love to hear from some of the older IUSD parents who have teenage kids. Sometimes I wonder... What did I just sign up for? 

Posted by Cornflakes:
I took informal count of student last names my kids class in one of the newer schools. The numbers are 90% Asian? One of my boy's class is very similar to the

irvinehomeowner said:
I think it's funny how people complain about too many Asians in Irvine but live in any other city and there will always be complaints about a group of residents (too many fat Austrians, etc).

Exactly, I recently heard a complaint about lack of Koreans in a predominantly Asian classroom.

Where's that place full of fat Austrians? I need good Schnitzel and Kaiserschmarrn.  :p

Cornflakes said:
abosch00 said:
Panda said:

Just wait to see people drying clothes in the backyard.

Mainlanders have bad ethics and manners. It was a result of the Communism and Cultural Revolution. It will take multiple generations to breed their bad traits out. I don't mind Asians but Mainlanders are bad news. Where ever they went they left a trail of destruction. Its just a matter of time. We have plenty of examples across the world. I have yet not seen a single success.

I agree with your opinion.  They do seem very selfish and very impolite.  I don't want to start with stories and awaken my bad memories. 

irvinehomeshopper said:
Mainlanders have bad ethics and manners. It was a result of the Communism and Cultural Revolution. It will take multiple generations to breed their bad traits out. I don't mind Asians but Mainlanders are bad news. Where ever they went they left a trail of destruction. Its just a matter of time. We have plenty of examples across the world. I have yet not seen a single success.

Does this mean Irvine is DOOMED?

irvinehomeshopper said:

Thank you for not "minding" Asians...

Back