Obsidian by Lennar at Parasol Park

lnc

Lennar%20Coastal%20CA%20Obsidian_Plan_1A_With%20Logo.ashx

"Obsidian at Great Park Neighborhoods is a new community of 77 three-story luxury single-family detached condominiums located in Irvine. Set to open November of 2016, buyers will be able to choose from three unique floorplans that feature three to four bedrooms, two and two-half to four bathrooms and approximately 2,897-3,114 sq. ft. of living space."

Residence 1
index.php

Residence 2
index.php

Residence 3
index.php

What's the mello?  And what views from the deck?  Looks good, reminds me of Terrace House for some reason.

There's rumor floating around that the MR here is going to be even higher than the BP and I just hope that is not true.

I definitely going to check out Obsidian once its open, got to check out those private elevator. 

lnc said:
There's rumor floating around that the MR here is going to be even higher than the BP and I just hope that is not true.

I definitely going to check out Obsidian once its open, got to check out those private elevator. 

I would stay clear of the elevators on the grand opening. I can imagine a major malfunction due to too many people. Think Japanese commuter trains  ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlNyCHlLt1Y

these will be some of the best/better lots in Parasol Park IMO

the views/location on some of the premium lot will be $$$ as you will be next to the eventual bosque when five point finishes it. depending on the elevation height of those decks and the bosque, you can probably see the eventual golf course / agriculture field etc too.

you'll also be near another community park "The Yard Park" - and according to what's drawn up in the great park plans/map, the bosque will have dog park, playground, outdoor theather, etc. (pros/cons there in terms of noise but these are geared for a certain demographic)

red = obsidian lots, which you can already see on google map from early 2016
green = bosque/amenities nearby, and the nearby community park directly below the obsidian homes

K6RQRzz.jpg

still walkable distance to the K-8, and to the eventual retail space at base camp

orange = obsidian at parasol park

USHfbQM.jpg

i duno if the MR will be worth it, but you can bet some young professionals will be lining up for these homes. it all comes down to the eventual price (we might be surprised, given the land/lot use isn't that many and they are squeezing in 77 homes after all)

unfortunately wife didn't seem to like any of the floor plans but i really like these for the convenience factor. i wonder if they'll have a 4th bedroom option for plan 3 on the 3rd floor.

ps9 said:
What's the mello?  And what views from the deck?  Looks good, reminds me of Terrace House for some reason.

so based on what the lot looks like via google map, some of the views will be very nice - while some will be very much meh (as you're basically looking at your neighbor's front door).

i would imagine all the lots facing outward will command a strong premium. MR is going to be disgusting and as others say, make beacon park look cheap in comparison.

Because of the penthouse on the 3rd level gets such a great view would you prefer to put the living/ dining/ kitchen up there and use the ground floor for either a lavish guest suite or a playroom that had a lounge, game area, pool table and kitchenette bar?

Or you prefer the 3rd level bonus room as is and leave the ground floor as Living/dining and kitchen?

I am about to make a switch but I like to hear from you if I am about to make a mistake. The elevator is standard and there should not be any problem transporting groceries to the penthouse. This solution is common in NYC or LA. Is Irvine ready for it?

I think it depends on the view. Im assuming only some have views and some are blocked?  Think dining would be cool for the ones with views on third floor. Prefer current setup of there isn't a view.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Because of the penthouse on the 3rd level gets such a great view would you prefer to put the living/ dining/ kitchen up there and use the ground floor for either a lavish guest suite or a playroom that had a lounge, game area, pool table and kitchenette bar?

Or you prefer the 3rd level bonus room as is and leave the ground floor as Living/dining and kitchen?

I am about to make a switch but I like to hear from you if I am about to make a mistake. The elevator is standard and there should not be any problem transporting groceries to the penthouse. This solution is common in NYC or LA. Is Irvine ready for it?

For the residence 3, I like the bonus room , game room & deck at 3rd floor just the way it is.  Once one step into the 3rd floor, I'm pretty sure there's going to be a big wow factor. 

One thing I wish the residence 3 has is an en-suite bathroom in both bedroom 2 and 3.  A 3000 s.f. home needs more than just 2 full bathrooms, and en-suite bathrooms would be even better. 

Yeah, 3rd floor flex space a lot more practical imho. Can use it for kids play area, home gym, home business, art studio, or other activities that you wouldn't want guests to walk into on the 1st floor.

It would certainly be unique having the kitchen, etc. on the top with a view. Given the benefits of hosting, etc...again nice to have kind of everything on the floor with the rooftop deck and everything else. While it would be different then what Irvine has had, I think if I were in the market for one of these I think I'd like having the kitchen and primary living area up on top (and to be clear, I am still a little boring and am a more vanilla SFR guy, but that plan 3 looks pretty darn cool). 

Back