Irvine business owners fight SCE electrical substation

Very curious if any more recent scientific tests have been done regarding the health risks...within the article it says

"Most of the company?s employees are women in their childbearing years, he said, and they were worried about radiation.

Studies have shown weak or no links between electric and magnetic fields, often referred to as radiation, and adult cancers and childhood leukemia, according to the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. The agency states radiation from substations is generally ?indistinguishable from background levels? beyond the substation fence or wall.

Nonetheless, the perception of risk persists"

SoclosetoIrvine said:
Very curious if any more recent scientific tests have been done regarding the health risks...within the article it says

"Most of the company?s employees are women in their childbearing years, he said, and they were worried about radiation.

Studies have shown weak or no links between electric and magnetic fields, often referred to as radiation, and adult cancers and childhood leukemia, according to the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. The agency states radiation from substations is generally ?indistinguishable from background levels? beyond the substation fence or wall.

The real question is... Is it a risk you are willing to take?

There's an SCE substation right on the corner of Jeffrey and Portola. Doesn't seem to have slowed Eastwood one bit.

SoclosetoIrvine said:

I'm not an expert on this subject, just think of it logically living by a high powered electric location.

Happiness said:
There's an SCE substation right on the corner of Jeffrey and Portola. Doesn't seem to have slowed Eastwood one bit.

Really? Close to Portola Springs sage & willow community? I know there's a big dumping place like a mile away from there

dream16 said:
Happiness said:

Really? Close to Portola Springs sage & willow community? I know there's a big dumping place like a mile away from there

For some reason I read that as "dumpling place".  Was getting excited.

Back