Another future elementary school in Portola Springs?

I believe this is correct.  I heard Portola Springs Elementary is already crowded and with the future PS neighborhoods being built; this future elementary is needed.

Good find.

That elementary probably will be build along with that portion of PS neighborhood and which is still a couple year away.  It make sense though.

Construction is also working on opposite side of new location for elementary school. Seems like it they are going to build some more homes on the top of hill maybe?

Since I lived in LA for four years and a few months in Irvine & having bought my first property in Irvine & moved to Sf thi year, I wonder what's the future of housing in Southern versus northern California?

People joke around here in the bay area about how cheap it is to live in Orange county - as million is the new norm here & in places like Palo Alto - Sunnyvale - any single family residence has a starting price of 2.5 m & above - here most of the tech families bring in a minimum of 300-400k per year - but despite that I cannot fathom the thought of paying 8-9k/month in a mortgage & with more Saudi Arabians - Chinese who aren't welcome in Vancouver anymore - oc seems the next melting pot where Irvine with its schools and new developments is going to explode when it comes to pricing on single family homes 5 years from now

dream16 said:
Since I lived in LA for four years and a few months in Irvine & having bought my first property in Irvine & moved to Sf thi year, I wonder what's the future of housing in Southern versus northern California?

People joke around here in the bay area about how cheap it is to live in Orange county - as million is the new norm here & in places like Palo Alto - Sunnyvale - any single family residence has a starting price of 2.5 m & above - here most of the tech families bring in a minimum of 300-400k per year - but despite that I cannot fathom the thought of paying 8-9k/month in a mortgage & with more Saudi Arabians - Chinese who aren't welcome in Vancouver anymore - oc seems the next melting pot where Irvine with its schools and new developments is going to explode when it comes to pricing on single family homes 5 years from now
So it's the opposite of "home sales weakening"?

dream16 said:

I don't know what your trying to say.

dream16 said:

So people up in San Fran making 300-400K per year are buying homes that cost 2.5M?  Talk about stretched (or maybe I'm just way too conservative).  I don't think I'd be comfortable going past 1.5M (and that is assuming no other debt and you don't have a fine taste for other things) and would be much much more comfortable at the 1 to 1.25 price point. 

dream16 said:

1. Not everybody is making 300-400k in nor cal. It depends on your position.
2. The foreign buyers tax in Vancouver might send house hunters to Toronto. The tax is for a specific region not entire Canada.
Are you still trying to justify you 3 story townhouse? (Just kidding)

dream16 said:
OC seems the next melting pot where Irvine with its schools and new developments is going to explode when it comes to pricing on single family homes 5 years from now

Just wait until hyperloop starts operating and LA to SF in 30+ min commute become a daily norm. That will really shake up the real estate market.

Find this map on an unrelated city doc that also shown this future new school in PS Neighborhood 4B. 

That track 18073 and 18074 are the new Cal Pac projects mentioned in another thread.http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,15212.0.html

The new school is going to be west of that Portola Springs Community park and bond by Portola Pkwy and those new Cal Pac homes.  West of the new school is Tomato Springs natural reserve with some historical significant.  Maybe they will name this new school Tomato Springs Elementary.

Attachments

• PS map.jpg
    PS map.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 178
Back