Beacon Park vs Eastwood Village

Vinny V

Sales seem to have slowed in Beacon Park especially at the $1 million + neighborhoods while sales in Eastwood are still brisk. Any thoughts on why?

Vinny V said:
Sales seem to have slowed in Beacon Park especially at the $1 million + neighborhoods while sales in Eastwood are still brisk. Any thoughts on why?

Eastwood is more central to everything.. plus lower tax rate. 

I also think the lower MR in Eastwood is one factor.  zone to Northwood high probably is another main factor.

I think BP is a much more convenient location than Eastwood.  Proximity to the 133 get you to 5 or 405 in a couple minutes.

From Eastwood to the 405 is probably 15 minutes down Jeffrey.  Even from Eastwood to the 5, Jeffrey and Culver are not fun during high traffic times.

BP is less desirable than Eastwood because the Great Park Neighborhoods will get a cemetery, Portola High School is built on remediated contaminated land, there is a large jail nearby, and BP is on the edge of Irvine whereas Eastwood is located much closer to Culver, which is the heart of Irvine.

Eastwood is a few minutes away from the 133.

aquabliss said:
I think BP is a much more convenient location than Eastwood.  Proximity to the 133 get you to 5 or 405 in a couple minutes.

From Eastwood to the 405 is probably 15 minutes down Jeffrey.  Even from Eastwood to the 5, Jeffrey and Culver are not fun during high traffic times.

At this point the cemetery is a long shot but we'll see.

GP area won't be convenient until they start building more stuff out (golf course, business, foodie Base camp!).  It's going to take years for that.  For the time being, Eastwood just has a better location. 

paydawg said:
Sorry but Woodbury is better than both EW and BP....closer to the 5, WTC, and everything else.
I agree in terms of new (non multi-million buck places), I'd go with Woodbury as my favorite overall village, followed closely by OH.  Eastwood beats Stonegate while BP / PP need more time for that area to beat it out, but they do have some major pluses if you want bigger lots, etc, obviously to counter, higher tax rates, and a little bit of unknown in terms of how and when things get built out (always a risk, especially for anything non TIC).   

When was the last time any of you walk to any place other than local neighborhood park? All of these are vehicles depedent. Places to eat or shops are certainly. All of these hoods are 5 minutes drive from each other. Maybe 8 minutes to West Irvine or OH from Portola Spring.

If you are talking about the boonies, you haven't been to too many places outside of Cali for that matter.

Can't count the number of times I've walked to WTC for groceries, Starbucks and eating in general.  I'll miss the convenience of Woodbury...

I think the value is there for PS.  The pros for PS are 1) PRICE, 2)  SHOPPING coming at the Great Park including the one by PSIII, 3) SCHOOLS - the new state of the art Portola HS, an elementary school w/n walking distance and a middle school w/n biking/walking distance, 4) AMENITIES - Great Park, golf course, community park center coming up.

It's just going to take awhile for the GP/PS area to develop.  The older asians like Eastwood better. 

jmoney74 said:
It's just going to take awhile for the GP/PS area to develop.  The older asians like Eastwood better.

I guess they haven't driven by Independence way and Irvine Blvd.

acf said:
Eastwood is a few minutes away from the 133.

aquabliss said:

This logic doesn't make sense.  I could then say "Well BP is only a few minutes away from Eastwood so it should be equally convenient".  Something's gotta give.

it's really all in the same area.. but it's mental.. especially when you drive pass the 133 and it's mostly just dirt (for now). 

Cornflakes said:
BP is better simply because it is non TIC development.

honestly the more I look at homes in irvine the more I prefer non-TIC developments. 5P has gone a different route and as a whole I feel the neighborhood looks better/diverse/more interesting (vs. rows and rows of motorcourt or segregated communities)

but that melloo-roos in BP...

capboba said:
Cornflakes said:
BP is better simply because it is non TIC development.

honestly the more I look at homes in irvine the more I prefer non-TIC developments. 5P has gone a different route and as a whole I feel the neighborhood looks better/diverse/more interesting (vs. rows and rows of motorcourt or segregated communities)

but that melloo-roos in BP...

True.

My whole beef with TIC is absolute inflexibility on their part and take it or leave it attitude. I find them politely rude.

Higher MR is already factored into lower cost of aqusition. Or I can say lower MR is already priced into base price of homes in EW. Do the math and let me know if I am wrong.

Back