I just moved to OC, looking for a room

RelocatingBull

Hi there! Hopefully this doesn't break any rules, I noticed some other posts were well-received and people were nice!

I'm staying with family for the time being. I'm looking for a room to rent, preferably with a private bathroom. I'd need to stay under $900/mo rent with minimal utilities payments, preferably they're included in the rent.

I'm a graphic designer and I also work part time at Target. I'd like to stay in Irvine if possible, as that's my store's location. I'm a great tenant who pays rent and bills on time/early, I'm fastidious about cleaning, and I like to read and go on short hikes.

Here are the bullet points:

• Rent: $900
  • Utilities: pref included.
  • 1 bd
  • Pref private bath.
  • Full house priv. Need to be able to cook.
  • Short-term without pet: Aug-End of Oct
  • Long-term with pet bird (caged) after Oct
  • Income verification, credit check, and references are available upon request.

I'm really hoping to break the Craigslist spell of flakes and creeps :( I just want to live with some nice people while I get settled in OC. Let me know if you can help me out. Feel free to contact me through my profile, or just reply here!

Thanks!

Honest question: Are there 2 bedroom / 2 bath apartments in Irvine that rent for $1,800/mo where roommates can just split the rent? Never rented in Irvine..

Yeah I've seen it, but rarer. Most of my leads have been rooms in single-family homes/houses. Where do you rent now PaperboyNC? (If you don't mind me asking.)

RelocatingBull said:
Yeah I've seen it, but rarer. Most of my leads have been rooms in single-family homes/houses. Where do you rent now PaperboyNC? (If you don't mind me asking.)

As I said I never rented in Irvine. Own a detached home. Last time I rented an apartment I paid $1,600/mo for a 2bd/2ba but it was in another part of SoCal.

You should look for rentals where the UCI students look for rentals. Don't the majority of them rent single rooms?

qwerty said:
You should look for rentals where the UCI students look for rentals. Don't the majority of them rent single rooms?

Or they share apartments and are always looking for roommates. There are some really nice apartments (outside of student housing) at UCI. On campus they have postings or check with University housing - they might have resources

If you are an employed person living with students there could be a problem with difference of lifestyle.

Even when I was going to college, it was tough because I shared a room and he was always up really late playing video games with his buddies (he had late classes, I had early morning classes).

Plus students aren't always the neatest people.

for short term without pets,
def check out vista del campo or vista del campo norte

I used to go to UCI and every time summer came along, half of it was subleased for short term living. Super easy process too.  You get your own bathroom too and it's quite nice *pools, gym*

Back