Author Topic: Alta Vista and Bella Vista at Orchard Hills  (Read 98672 times)

Offline lovingit

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 12
Re: Alta Vista and Bella Vista at Orchard Hills
« Reply #225 on: August 09, 2017, 01:00:24 AM »
These TB housing in OH geared toward the upper crust. The well established and clearly have deep pockets to spend on real estates. These small pool of folks are wealthy and much older. No offense on the age and they tend to be empty nester. If that was the case, why the heck buy such a big house and spend all the time to dust the giant house to keep it looking good. Unless, a live-in maid there the whole time. If I have that much capital to dispose it would not be at OH, next to a bunch of FOB.

Actually a handful of late 30 year olds have purchased the first few phases.  Not too old.

Offline eyephone

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 182
  • -Received: 441
« Reply #226 on: August 09, 2017, 07:00:34 AM »
These TB housing in OH geared toward the upper crust. The well established and clearly have deep pockets to spend on real estates. These small pool of folks are wealthy and much older. No offense on the age and they tend to be empty nester. If that was the case, why the heck buy such a big house and spend all the time to dust the giant house to keep it looking good. Unless, a live-in maid there the whole time. If I have that much capital to dispose it would not be at OH, next to a bunch of FOB.

Actually a handful of late 30 year olds have purchased the first few phases.  Not too old.

How do you know? They 30 year olds told you?

Offline Villager

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 9
  • -Received: 22
« Reply #227 on: August 09, 2017, 08:58:35 AM »

How does decompressed village know that solely empty nesters are buying? Did they tell him?

In truth, I've seen a wide range of buyers here--white, American-born asian, middle eastern, and yes, FCBs too. I've seen several young families walk through the houses showing serious interest, and I've seen some older buyers show interest too. Long-story-short, I don't think there's a particular demographic that these houses cater to other than "money."

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 182
  • -Received: 441
« Reply #228 on: August 09, 2017, 09:17:10 AM »

How does decompressed village know that solely empty nesters are buying? Did they tell him?

In truth, I've seen a wide range of buyers here--white, American-born asian, middle eastern, and yes, FCBs too. I've seen several young families walk through the houses showing serious interest, and I've seen some older buyers show interest too. Long-story-short, I don't think there's a particular demographic that these houses cater to other than "money."

The reason why I asked, because I thought someone leaked the information to you.

Offline tdmd

• Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #229 on: August 09, 2017, 10:00:24 PM »
Stopped by the models.  Oceano model was truly breathtaking!  This may be random but does anyone know what brand/model table this is?  I saw it in one of the models.

Offline OCres

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #230 on: August 09, 2017, 10:39:55 PM »

Well since you dont have the capital your opinion is irrelevant and flat out wrong anyways.  Like a lot of long time posters on this board with no money but lots of free time and irrelevant opinions.  Stay within your level.  Dont talk shit about something you know nothing about.

Offline WTTCHMN

• Thanks
  • -Given: 13
  • -Received: 222
« Reply #231 on: August 09, 2017, 10:46:41 PM »
Stopped by the models.  Oceano model was truly breathtaking!  This may be random but does anyone know what brand/model table this is?  I saw it in one of the models.

All the furnishings are from RH iirc.

Offline lovingit

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 12
« Reply #232 on: August 09, 2017, 10:54:54 PM »

Exactly

Offline gosuperfundme

• Thanks
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #233 on: August 10, 2017, 09:42:54 PM »
I doubt only empty nesters are buying these.

There are lots of people with money around Orange County and Irvine whether it's family money, money from being youtube stars, or young upstart entrepreneurs who capitalized on e-commerce or other avenues. 

Then there are those who plunked some money down on bitcoin 5-7 years ago and can buy 4 of these homes in cash.

Offline Paris

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 164
  • -Received: 142
« Reply #234 on: August 11, 2017, 05:52:27 AM »
I personally know one early phase pre-model opening buyer at Alta Vista - they are in their 30s, young family. That is the only fact from the buyer pool I know. But I am guessing collectively it will be a diverse group of older families, multi-generational families, younger families. Probably similar demographic to Hidden Canyon is my guess.

Offline shadyoc

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 3
« Reply #235 on: August 11, 2017, 10:42:40 AM »
I personally know one early phase pre-model opening buyer at Alta Vista - they are in their 30s, young family. That is the only fact from the buyer pool I know. But I am guessing collectively it will be a diverse group of older families, multi-generational families, younger families. Probably similar demographic to Hidden Canyon is my guess.

That is awesome.  Are they self made or is it family money?

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Paris

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #236 on: August 12, 2017, 02:07:17 AM »

A little of both - successful professionals with some family help.

Offline shadyoc

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 3
« Reply #237 on: August 12, 2017, 11:01:14 AM »

People actually admit that they need help from their parents and told you or did you blatantly ask?  "Hey mom and dad, I need a down for a $3m house.  Can you spare me some change?"

It's difficult to buy these high end homes unless you run your own business or is an executive of a corporation.  The only W2 person that age that I know who does fairly well is someone who is partner at Boston Consulting Group.  He's 35.  I had no idea partners make $1.5 annually at these management consulting firms.  That equates to $125,000 A MONTH.  I'm definitely in the wrong industry!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 12:28:10 PM by shadyoc »

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 145
  • -Received: 556
« Reply #238 on: August 12, 2017, 06:20:09 PM »
Stopped by today and saw one of the guys from the landscape / pool company fixing a few things.   He said the backyard landscaping on the Alta Vista closest to sales office cost TB $750k...

Offline Paris

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #239 on: August 14, 2017, 03:44:06 PM »

People actually admit that they need help from their parents and told you or did you blatantly ask?  "Hey mom and dad, I need a down for a $3m house.  Can you spare me some change?"

It's difficult to buy these high end homes unless you run your own business or is an executive of a corporation.  The only W2 person that age that I know who does fairly well is someone who is partner at Boston Consulting Group.  He's 35.  I had no idea partners make $1.5 annually at these management consulting firms.  That equates to $125,000 A MONTH.  I'm definitely in the wrong industry!

It only came up because there will be no mortgage on this purchase. It's all cash. And obviously not just for people in their 30s but for many that's a lot of cash to plunk down on a home. With options these will easily take you to $3.5million.
I agree with you, usually W2 families would have a tough time buying these ESP in their 30s. Business owners and corporate America is the way to go.

Not surprised Savonna's backyard landscaping cost $750k, it was stunning and so functional.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts