Beacon Park Irvine - New build shower design - guidelines

kimbo_777

Hello, has anyone recently moved into a new build in Beacon Park (near the Great Park in Irvine)?

I'm interested in getting a home there but the very large shower cubicle (over 9 feet long) has the shower head on one side, and the shower dial on the other  ???. As the cubicle is so large, you will not be able to adjust the temperature and feel the water temperature simultaneously (therefore you will need to walk back and forth just to change the temperature!).

The construction manager has said this is "required by the City guidelines" and must be followed. Is this really true? Or are they saying this, as they made a mistake and don't want to fork out for the error?

Has anyone encountered this before, where showers of new builds in Irvine really need to be designed like this?

Thank you

kimbo_777 said:
Hello, has anyone recently moved into a new build in Beacon Park (near the Great Park in Irvine)?

I'm interested in getting a home there but the very large shower cubicle (over 9 feet long) has the shower head on one side, and the shower dial on the other  ???. As the cubicle is so large, you will not be able to adjust the temperature and feel the water temperature simultaneously (therefore you will need to walk back and forth just to change the temperature!).

The construction manager has said this is "required by the City guidelines" and must be followed. Is this really true? Or are they saying this, as they made a mistake and don't want to fork out for the error?

Has anyone encountered this before, where showers of new builds in Irvine really need to be designed like this?

Thank you

These are 1%-er problems.

"My shower is 9 wt wide and I have to walk back and forth just to change the temperature!"

WTTCHMN said:
kimbo_777 said:

Thank you

"My shower is 9 wt wide and I have to walk back and forth just to change the temperature!"

Also, the shower control was designed this way so that you can turn the shower on from outside the shower (so you won't have to enter the shower and get sprayed with cold water then have to run back out while the water warms up.

Funny you are "interested in getting a home there" but this is the one thing holding you back?

WTTCHMN said:
WTTCHMN said:
kimbo_777 said:

Thank you

Also, the shower control was designed this way so that you can turn the shower on from outside the shower (so you won't have to enter the shower and get sprayed with cold water then have to run back out while the water warms up.

Funny you are "interested in getting a home there" but this is the one thing holding you back?

I definitely wouldn't buy that home if that's the problem!! Stupid Irvine!

WTTCHMN said:
WTTCHMN said:
kimbo_777 said:

Thank you

Trivial as it may be, this is my hard earned cash I am buying a home with.

Thanks for your input though, I'm flattered you took the time.

Back