This is how rich ppl in China take care of double parking

Can't say I agree with that at all.  A bit too Machiavellian for my taste.  50 video cameras pointed at you, and you decide it's a good idea to cause tens of thousands of dollars in damage (including your own vehicle) and risk getting arrested?  Must've been an important destination.

typical Chinese who lacks ingenuity to solve the problem. Instead of cheering for the driver to get out, the sizable crowd can just work together and lift the Jaguar away. 10 men should do the job.

MagicJ1zz said:
This is what I call rough justice in China, and I totally agree with it.  For all you white folks, let me translate what's going on.  The jaguar is double parked and blocking the range rover.  The citizens around are telling him to just ram it and encourage him to do so.  "Jiao yo" is a chant to encourage someone to persevere and that's what's going on.  They keep telling him "hit the middle!", "keep coming again!", "don't brake just do it". 

At the end, the citizens tell him "hurry, get out of here now..." trying to cover for the range rover guy in case cops show up or the jaguar driver shows up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsPJVZGpENk

Can't wait to see this happen in the La Vita motorcourt...

daedalus said:
Can't say I agree with that at all.  A bit too Machiavellian for my taste.  50 video cameras pointed at you, and you decide it's a good idea to cause tens of thousands of dollars in damage (including your own vehicle) and risk getting arrested?  Must've been an important destination.

It was either a govt official immune from prosecution or someone so rich he could care less.  I'm betting it's the former.  If he was really that rich, he'd have a driver instead.

I'm disappointed with the Range Rover, though.  You would think a Range Rover could just muscle its way through, but it took him so many damn tries.

That same thing happened to me when I was a new girl in first grade in FV. Teacher said she would look into it. When recess was over, announced to the class that so and so hit me and I could hit him as hard as I wanted to in front of everyone. Barely tapped him and knew to never say a thing again.... ever.

He didn't bother me again either but still... Were I older, I'm sure I would have been taunted about being a tattle tale.

The story behind the racist Chinese ad where a black man gets his skin color scrubbed off

"In some ways, Chinese attitudes toward Africans are actually more welcoming than other host countries, according to a study released last month by Min Zhou from the Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. Zhou found that the overwhelming majority of the over 500 Chinese surveyed did not see Africans as a threat to their jobs, neighborhoods, or way of life. Rather, most believed that African migrants contributed positively to the local economy as well as the globalization and the multiculturalism of their city.

One interviewee, a 32-year-old woman selling jeans in the Xiaobei neighborhood known for its many African traders, said:
I was a little scared at first sight of these black men coming to my store, especially when they looked right into your eyes and grinned. The Chinese don?t do that. After a while, I got used to them. They are just people who look different. They are polite and respectful, bring good business. In business, I?d say they need me and I need them? later became friends with a couple of them and introduced them to my other friends who sell electronics. We used to hang out in McDonald?s for lunch.
The ad also comes at a time when more African-Chinese couples are being seen in Chinese news reports, film, and documentaries, according to Puppin."
http://qz.com/693978/the-story-behi...a-black-man-gets-his-skin-color-scrubbed-off/

MagicJ1zz said:
True story about me: 1991, my parents enrolled me in Chinese school.  It was run by 100% Chinese people in America in LA county.  This Chinese kid bullied me and punched me.    I went to the teacher.  Guess what she did?  She stopped the entire class, and said "Why don't you punch him back?".  "Do it!".  "Why do you even bitch about it if you don't to do something about it?".  "Punch him back!  What are you waiting for?".  The boy stood there waiting for me to strike.  The rest of the kids in the class looked at me waiting for me to take action.

They keep it real with rural education.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...gerous-school-run-chinese-children-800m-cliff

How kids go to school:

School00-674123.jpg

When kids scale cliffs to attend class from age 6, they learn to value education.

The California Court Company said:
typical Chinese who lacks ingenuity to solve the problem. Instead of cheering for the driver to get out, the sizable crowd can just work together and lift the Jaguar away. 10 men should do the job.
Me and my friends would do stuff like that.  I think it only took 4 of us to move a car.  That's when I was in my early 20s.  Today I think it would be 10 of us doing it. 

Back