Looking for a gardener

cheetos

I need a gardener that can mow the lawn, pull weeds, other basic things. My current gardener never shows up when he's supposed to. If you have a reliable gardener, please PM me their info.

As I've said before, the best one to get is one that your neighbors are using.

The gardener is already in the area and you can ask your neighbors how reliable they are.

I did this with ours, 3 adjacent neighbors used 3 different guys... got quotes from the two that I saw showing up consistently and then talked to my neighbors about them, chose one and have been satisfied since. My right side neighbor even switched from theirs to the one we chose (most likely for cost because theirs was twice as much).

quizzer said:
Whats the ballpark rate for monthly or bi-weekly gardening?

Really depends on how big of a yard you have and how much maintenance it really needs on a weekly basis.

We paid $40/month for bi-monthly, and our gardener would also due extra work for us at no charge if we asked - took out a hammock we had, pulled out a lot of plants we didn't want.  Too bad he went back to Mexico a month ago and we're looking for a new one.

We used to pay $50/mo for twice a month at our old place which had a very small backyard and front yard.

We now pay $60/mo for weekly service for more yard (front and back), I think that's atypical.

I think ballpark is $75-100 for weekly service for most front and back yard jobs.

If you have a new Irvine build with only a 5ft setback... you might be able to pay $50.

akkord said:
quizzer said:

Really depends on how big of a yard you have and how much maintenance it really needs on a weekly basis.

We paid $40/month for bi-monthly, and our gardener would also due extra work for us at no charge if we asked - took out a hammock we had, pulled out a lot of plants we didn't want.  Too bad he went back to Mexico a month ago and we're looking for a new one.

Undocumented worker?

Definitely undocumented.

Said it would be his first time back in 11 years and would need to go through the desert to come back.  Doesn't know when he'll be back, went to visit family.

eyephone said:
akkord said:
quizzer said:

Undocumented worker?

Back