Arcadia almost sold out!

Checked today and Arcadia is almost sold out.
Arcadia has one more home to sell (75 Cortland, Irvine $1,326,900 Plan 3) and then the model homes will go on sale on May 14th.  Price of models will be $1.5-1.6 million.

DazedandConfused said:
Checked today and Arcadia is almost sold out.
Arcadia has one more home to sell (75 Cortland, Irvine $1,326,900 Plan 3) and then the model homes will go on sale on May 14th.  Price of models will be $1.5-1.6 million.

Really? I was there last week month and it looked like they were struggling to unload their inventory. So far I see the following still active on redfin:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/75-Cortland-92620/home/103656759
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/8-Cortland-92620/home/104467845
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/77-Cortland-92620/home/103656760
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/63-Rossmore-92620/home/103707618

Goriot said:
abosch00 said:
Anyone know what prices Arcadia started out at and when?

It was around $1.18mm back in summer 2013.  This community was a slow seller in SG.

So 200k difference over 3 years.  That's some sweet appreciation.  Why was Arcadia such a slow seller in SG?  It seemed pretty nice when i toured it.

abosch00 said:
Goriot said:
abosch00 said:

It was around $1.18mm back in summer 2013.  This community was a slow seller in SG.

So 200k difference over 3 years.  That's some sweet appreciation.  Why was Arcadia such a slow seller in SG?  It seemed pretty nice when i toured it.

75 cortland is a plan 3 with ~$65k in upgrades added on, so base is $1.27m. Phase 1 $1.25m 3 years ago so about $15k to $20k appreciation. Some say it's the location that slowed it down. I thought the floor plans were great and didn't mind location but wife didn't like how it was so close to the landfill entrance even though landfill is actually behind lambert ranch.

Irvine Fanatic said:
abosch00 said:
Goriot said:
abosch00 said:

75 cortland is a plan 3 with ~$65k in upgrades added on, so base is $1.27m. Phase 1 $1.25m 3 years ago so about $15k to $20k appreciation. Some say it's the location that slowed it down. I thought the floor plans were great and didn't mind location but wife didn't like how it was so close to the landfill entrance even though landfill is actually behind lambert ranch.

So building the most expensive homes in the north west part of stonegate (arcadia, lafayette, palo alto) was probably not the wisest decision?  Should be interesting how auburn goes

abosch00 said:
Irvine Fanatic said:
abosch00 said:
Goriot said:
abosch00 said:

So building the most expensive homes in the north west part of stonegate (arcadia, lafayette, palo alto) was probably not the wisest decision?  Should be interesting how auburn goes
about la fayette, I think that one did relatively well, almost sold out as well?

AW said:
abosch00 said:
Irvine Fanatic said:
abosch00 said:
Goriot said:
abosch00 said:

about la fayette, I think that one did relatively well, almost sold out as well?

So why'd lafayette do so well?  I guess its smaller and cheaper than the palo altos, arcadias of the world.

Arcadia homes are too big to be that close to each other.  Your rear neighbor's are really towering over you on all sides in the back yard.  My friend bought one, and nice house but setback is much too shallow for these beasts.

abosch00 said:
AW said:
abosch00 said:
Irvine Fanatic said:
abosch00 said:
Goriot said:
abosch00 said:

So why'd lafayette do so well?  I guess its smaller and cheaper than the palo altos, arcadias of the world.
Lot size. Lafayette actually had a lot of homes on, by IPAC standards, extremely decent lots. They also started out with a very fair price. I didn't like the floorplans (felt the great rooms were way too small) but with that pricing and quality lot sizes, people flocked to them.

I am a big fan of the Arcadia floor plans, but the lot sizes make those tough to sell (just look at Capella homes which didn't have views and how hard of a time it was to sell those...just not easy selling 3K sq ft homes on 4K lots for more than $1.2M).  Palo Alto is having the same issue.  They have so many extremely small lots, despite having pretty solid floorplans.  It is one thing to have a small lot with no home behind you, but small lot with homes all around you really make it hard for a buyer to drop that kind of coin, imo (or at least hard for someone like me to). 

Ditto on Bullsback's comments. Arcadia's (& Capella's) floorplans were our favorite, but with a decent backyard very high on our priority list, we never felt the urgency to pre-qualify at Arcadia, even though we visited many times.

Another thing we didn't like about Arcadia, was driving through the neighborhood and seeing some of the terrible landscaping in front yards.

Perspective said:
Ditto on Bullsback's comments. Arcadia's (& Capella's) floorplans were our favorite, but with a decent backyard very high on our priority list, we never felt the urgency to pre-qualify at Arcadia, even though we visited many times.

Another thing we didn't like about Arcadia, was driving through the neighborhood and seeing some of the terrible landscaping in front yards.

As opposed to seeing the huge overgrown weeds in your own neighborhood now?

WTTCHMN said:
Perspective said:

Man!!!  Your spreadsheet is more thourough and your comments much more biting and to the point.  Keep it coming and entertain us. Hats off to you.

WTTCHMN said:
Perspective said:

Hopefully, these homeowners can be educated that the HOA is not responsible for their front yard, and will be fining them for failure to pull weeds once a month. It's most noticeable when walking the sidewalks, as opposed to driving.

Models being released for sale on May 14th.  First come first serve basis.  Starting mid-$1 million.

Goriot said:
Models being released for sale on May 14th.  First come first serve basis.  Starting mid-$1 million.

These are about the same size as Capella but those model homes sold in the $1.9m. So it's a $400k premium to live in OH?

Goriot said:
Wow, you were spot on!  Looks like the model prices are:
Model 1: $1,554,000

Model 2: $1,655,000

Model 3: $1,670,000

Office said they are selling the home with all furnishing inside included, wonder if they have a waiting list for the model homes?  I heard Capella only sold one of their model homes, the others are listed at $1.8 mil but I wonder how the demand is going to be? 

Back