750k budget, single family home?

irvinehomebuy

Hi, I'm so new to this thread and O.C. I'm living in San Fernando Valley, and will be moving to OC for school this year. I have 750k budget, and would prefer single family > detached condos > courtyard condos > townhouse.
1)  I have seen everything in Beacon Park, all of Irvine Village including the new Eastwood, have NOT seen Baker Ranch or Laguna or Tustin. Anything new construction in OC in my price range I missed?
2) I read that only Baker Ranch doesn't have Mello R, so Beacon P and Irvine V all have the 5k Mello Roo every year? on top of the property tax?
3) So it seems that Sage at Portola Springs, and Peake and Crestline at Baker Ranch are in my budget and are also single family. How do they compare? I see that people recommend Baker Ranch more, saying Sage is on isolated lot. As you see, I know nothing about lot, home builders, so please help, I do keep resale value in mind.
4)  single family is worth more than detached condos, right? will the resell value of detached condos be as good as single family? Im asking because Petaluma was recommended to me, though it is expensive and not single family

Thank you so much.. i know 4 questions are a lot, so any input to any 1 of the 4 is appreciated

Looks like you're only interested in new construction right?  Then go to BR.  You won't even mind many detached condos in Irvine for 750K these days...unless you go with a resale.

Baker ranch is your only shot because of the no MR. However the new homes with your budget, you will only get a motorcourt. BR is not cheap, they are selling 400 plus per square foot.

Otherwise buy a really old Irvine home.

Back