Profiling some of the Best Asian Restaurants in Atlanta

panda

Breakers_front_door.jpg

breaker_pic.jpg

0715_freshonthescene_breakers_cck_oneuseonly.jpg

Breakers and Honey Pig are among my favorite Korean BBQ joints in North Atlanta.

[youtube]V8A1CzWXIr4[/youtube]

[youtube]LeIvmDmnR5s[/youtube]

The foundation of Korean BBQ are Kalbi: Marinated Short Ribs, Bulgogi: Marinated thin sliced beef, and Sam Gyup Sal: Thin Pork Belly.  When it comes to the best Sam Gyup Sal BBQ joint, Honey Pig is the place to go in North Atlanta. They cook the Pork Belly (Sam Gyup Sal) on top of a huge stone grill with Korean soybean sprouts and lots and lots fresh Kimchee. You will get a very tasty fried rice at the end with what is left over.

One of my favorite places to entertain out-of-town friends and family.   

[youtube]5Yiq0uHyJsQ[/youtube]

BBQ.jpg

Breakers provides an elegant Korean restaurant feel that you will typically find in Kangnam. "678" will not have the Kangnam atmosphere, but one the BEST places to get for Kalbi. Once you leave "678" you will literally smell like smoke. 

food_feature1-1_49.jpg

I've eaten at Honey Pig in K-Town, Buena Park, and Irvine.  Their quality has declined over the years.  The one at K-Town is usually crowded.

I finally ate at Honey Pig. They actually expanded (took over the La Salsa(?) space).

It was meh. Very expensive for not being AYCE, no other banchans than the sprouts and kimchee.

The fried rice at the end was good... but the bill made any of the other AYCE places in Irvine a much better buy (and you can get more variety).

I should go update my KBBQ thread.

Guppy House closed down earlier this year.  Hopefully Sweet Hut is a better version of Guppy House or it might close it's doors as well.

irvinehomeowner said:
I finally ate at Honey Pig. They actually expanded (took over the La Salsa(?) space).

It was meh. Very expensive for not being AYCE, no other banchans than the sprouts and kimchee.

The fried rice at the end was good... but the bill made any of the other AYCE places in Irvine a much better buy (and you can get more variety).

I should go update my KBBQ thread.

I just came back from lunch at Honey Pig. It was my first time there. It was my first time at any Korean BBQ, actually! Didn't there used to be a burger place nextdoor?

You mean fatburger? That place shut down years ago...
Used to be a pizza place there too, xtreme pizza, shut down even longer before...

woodburyowner said:
Guppy House closed down earlier this year.  Hopefully Sweet Hut is a better version of Guppy House or it might close it's doors as well.

Is Irvine reaching oversaturation of Asian restaurants then?

Liar Loan said:
woodburyowner said:

Is Irvine reaching oversaturation of Asian restaurants then?

Probably not. Just like anything else. Good places stay open. Bad places close down

Back