Home sales

renter1

Home sales prices of houses that actually sell  in the great park area have been decreasing over the past four months. Houses in this zip are waaaaaaaaay overpriced. I think there will be a correction this year. Just curious all these houses that are 20 percent above value that flooded the market where people think they are going to make 20% in a year or two- are they going to become rentals? Just hold into for later??? People bought at 900 selling for 1.2. Not sustainable.

Irvine Fanatic said:
The great Chinese exodus! The cemetery is coming!

I would say yes but I still see a lot of Chinese over at Cressa.

Can someone tell me what happened to the cemetery? Will it be placed in its original location near beacon?

renter1 said:
Can someone tell me what happened to the cemetery? Will it be placed in its original location near beacon?

A whole thread on it.

Coucil voted land swap down so right now it's back near bp and high school. Questions remain if the money is going to be there to build.

In terms of resales, I disagree.  If you have a good neiborhood location with a large lot, and are in $1.1M - $1.3M price range, this seems to be the sweet spot right now.  2 homes fitting this discription sold in the past few weeks.  One was $460 sq. ft, other is $490 sq. ft.  These will both make for good comps,for future sales.  There are others that have been sitting on the market awhile but there are unique reasons for each.

Keeping my eye on this one:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/141-Yellow-Daisy-92618/home/104498915

It fits the bill but I think it's overpriced so we'll see where it ends up closing.

aquabliss said:
Keeping my eye on this one:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/141-Yellow-Daisy-92618/home/104498915

It fits the bill but I think it's overpriced so we'll see where it ends up closing.

I don't get that listing.  Can't people buy a brand new for less even after upgrades?  A Neighbor at a nearby street actually sold for a little less price per sqft but had tons of upgrades.  Personally I would not buy that house at that price. 

renter1 said:
Home sales prices of houses that actually sell  in the great park area have been decreasing over the past four months. Houses in this zip are waaaaaaaaay overpriced. I think there will be a correction this year. Just curious all these houses that are 20 percent above value that flooded the market where people think they are going to make 20% in a year or two- are they going to become rentals? Just hold into for later??? People bought at 900 selling for 1.2. Not sustainable.

Not sure I agree. Realtors agreeing to list homes for sellers that want WTF pricing apparently is sustainable because it's been happening my entire life. Generally the serious sellers lower the asking price and the not serious sellers take the homes off the market after no one bites.

A correction means that the prices that homes are actually closing at are way overpriced. You can't have a correction on asking prices - only closing prices.

jmoney74 said:
Irvine Fanatic said:

I am Chinese/Vietnamese American, would it be an issue to you and a few contributors here if I went to Cressa?  Seems like you have an issue with my ethnicity with these types of posts.

paragon30 said:
jmoney74 said:
Irvine Fanatic said:

I am Chinese/Vietnamese American, would it be an issue to you and a few contributors here if I went to Cressa?  Seems like you have an issue with my ethnicity with these types of posts.

I am also Chinese/Vietnamese American and I find JMoney's post offensive.  What's wrong with my people???

First he writes a one sentence campaign speech and now he's offending Chinese people , j$ needs to be ousted to district 4.

Hmmm....should I hold off on buying a house then? My max is $650k and nothing really good except townhomes or small dumps. Just going $100k more, so much nicer homes.  :(

Homer_Simpson said:
paragon30 said:
jmoney74 said:
Irvine Fanatic said:

I am also Chinese/Vietnamese American and I find JMoney's post offensive.  What's wrong with my people???
You're too sensitive. 

superbobbay said:
Hmmm....should I hold off on buying a house then? My max is $650k and nothing really good except townhomes or small dumps. Just going $100k more, so much nicer homes.  :(

Buy now or be priced out forever. Oh wait.. that was so late 2013

I would buy now, with interest rates historically low to finance. You are basically getting free money (3.7 rate compared to 2.5 - 3.5 future inflation).

Rates will go up in the next couple to 5 years meaning home prices will go up.

Etinchen said:
I would buy now, with interest rates historically low to finance. You are basically getting free money (3.7 rate compared to 2.5 - 3.5 future inflation).

Free money?

Etinchen said:

higher rates will cause home prices to go up?  It will likely do just the opposite.  Affordability is already quite bad and with increases in rates, affordability will only get worse.  Supply and demand.  Yes supply is low, but demand is even lower right now.  With rising rates, that demand will get even softer.  This will NOT drive up prices. 

Back