Detached Condo Battle!

irvinehomeowner

Anyone watch Iron Chef?

Anyways... it seems like "detached condos" (or "detached single family homes" in spin-speak) are the new hawtness for TIC.

Right now, it looks like the contenders are:

Primrose - Portola Springs South Enclave from low $500k
Sevilla - Portola Springs North Enclave from mid $500k

Casero - Portola Springs North and South Enclave from low $600k
Santa Cruz - Woodbury East from the high $600k

These all seem to range in the same square footage and prices (Casero and Santa Cruz are higher) so I'm wondering what features makes one project more desirable than the others.

If I had to buy one, I would probably choose Casero because I liked their floorplans but I have yet to see Sevilla which has a more traditional frontal garage layout.

So which detached condo will reign supreme?

Edit: Typo, Sevilla is in North (thanks blitz)

I think Sevilla is in the north enclave, not the south.  I thought Casero was average, but had an option of being further away from the toll road being in the southern enclave.  I really liked Sevilla, especially the ones that come with driveways.  There were already 6 sold buttons on the site map when I went to see it the day after the grand opening. 

Patrick Star said:
irvinehomeowner said:
So which detached condo will reign supreme?

In this Battle Detached Condo were the architects forced to design their homes in one hour, similar to the Iron Chef battles?
It does seem like that sometimes... even after the focus group tells them what's wrong with the design.

blitzjs said:
I really liked Sevilla, especially the ones that come with driveways.  There were already 6 sold buttons on the site map when I went to see it the day after the grand opening.

I think they sold the last Plan 1 for Phase 1 so there should be seven sold buttons. I agree that the three sites with full driveways were probably the best deal especially when compared to Casero which seems to be very cramped. I also liked Sevilla the best in the detached condo battle...

I am I missing something by thinking that the toll road above grade is worse than having it level or below grade?  I would think the toll road below grade (like Northpark and the 261) would abate more noise, have less environmental fallout, and at least keep it out of sight.

It's a shame StanPac is building (Casero) on the north enclave lots Richmond American Homes was originally going to use for Manzanita.  Manzanita had much nicer curb appeal.  If IAC had a builder step in and build to the original plans and spec and reduced the '07 prices 20-25%, Manzanita would've been the detached condo battle winner!

Here's the PS layout from the '06 marketing brochure.  Not one asian was pictured in it.

2gwfe9u.jpg

Condo TRAP said:
I am I missing something by thinking that the toll road above grade is worse than having it level or below grade?  I would think the toll road below grade (like Northwood and the 261) would abate more noise, have less environmental fallout, and at least keep it out of sight.

i agree... there is this development above the 71 in aliso viejo that we looked at... and the "view" of the 71 below was nicer than the 241 overhead.  but my main concern is the air quality near a freeway, granted the 241 is not the same as the 405 or 710.

Attachments

• gfx_air_868.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 248
Just my opinion, but I think that sound would be louder above a road than below one.

Although sound radiates like a sphere... I think the ground can have a more deadening effect for closer noise than air.

I would google for the scientific answer but it's late.

I saw Sevilla today and Casero is still the leader for me.

If StanPac can fit an upstairs loft into just over 2000sft, VanDaele should be able to also.

But Sevilla's point is more compelling... although I think it may soften as we get more into 2011.

Back