Do you want TUSD Orchard Hills school to expand to K-8? Please read

nyc to oc

Are you in Orchard Hills TUSD and wondering when the school will hopefully expand to include grades K-4?

Please go to the TUSD website and fill out the Orchard Hills School Enrollment interest form. I have also attached the PDF version of the form. Who knows, it may still be years, but at least we can be proactive about showing them the numbers.

You can fax it to attention of administrative services, or Beth Silvers at TUSD (714) 730-7436. She is collecting all the names.

Attachments

• Orchard Hills Interest Form 16-17.pdf
    65.4 KB · Views: 134
K-4 is when kids make their BFFs.

Some parents don't want their kids to be BFFs with a certain demographic.

#YesIWentThere

irvinehomeowner said:

#YesIWentThere

don't get it. sorry, that one went over my head.

This is strictly for practicality sake. I am walking distance to OH school, and don't want to have to drive my kid to Hicks Canyon and deal with drop off/pick up and car lines.

nyc to oc said:
irvinehomeowner said:

#YesIWentThere

This is strictly for practicality sake. I am walking distance to OH school, and don't want to have to drive my kid to Hicks Canyon and deal with drop off/pick up and car lines.

Totally agree. The drop off/ pick up currently at Hicks is painful. Esp since when he was in kinder and we lived in northpark I would just walk him to Hicks. That would be a nice luxury to get back at least until he reaches high school. I will fill out this form - thanks for the link

ps9 said:
Print them out and time to harass the neighbors!

Maybe we should bring it up at our next board meeting. Get all our neighbors with young kids to fill it out and then make a mass mailing. We have a lot of kids in our neighborhood at the K-4 level

nyc to oc said:
irvinehomeowner said:

#YesIWentThere

Read this thread:
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,14233.0.html
Joking aside, this is the reason why it's important to many that a school is close by. But just think, for most of the non-gated OH, they will be driving to Canyon View even after OH Elem adds K-4.

irvinehomeowner said:
nyc to oc said:
irvinehomeowner said:

#YesIWentThere

Read this thread:
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,14233.0.html
Joking aside, this is the reason why it's important to many that a school is close by. But just think, for most of the non-gated OH, they will be driving to Canyon View even after OH Elem adds K-4.

Still don't get it. :)

Anyone hear anything further regarding the expansion of OH School? I heard that a few of the Groves sales office employees were supposed to tour the OH School campus with TUSD employees a couple weeks ago...

Rumor has it that Orchard Hills School will be converted from its current grades 5-8 to full operation K-8 beginning school year 2017-2018.

If you are interested in the K-4 expansion in Orchard Hills, please keep up in completing this form (link below).
Based on the TUSD rep. email, it might be expanded soon if there is enough interest.  No Expansion planned for 2016-2017 year.  It will be assessed on an annual basis, but need to get the interest up and depending on how homes sell at OH.  Below form will be taken down soon.
http://www.tustin.k12.ca.us/cms/lib...main/52/Orchard Hills Interest Form 16-17.pdf

You can also find the form on the left bottom of the OH school website.
http://www.tustin.k12.ca.us/orchardhills

Goriot said:
If you are interested in the K-4 expansion in Orchard Hills, please keep up in completing this form (link below).
Based on the TUSD rep. email, it might be expanded soon if there is enough interest.  No Expansion planned for 2016-2017 year.  It will be assessed on an annual basis, but need to get the interest up and depending on how homes sell at OH.  Below form will be taken down soon.
http://www.tustin.k12.ca.us/cms/lib...main/52/Orchard Hills Interest Form 16-17.pdf

You can also find the form on the left bottom of the OH school website.
http://www.tustin.k12.ca.us/orchardhills

Honestly, I think a lot of people has been filling this form out for the past several years with no avail.  I just saw on another thread that they are cramming 36 kids into 4th grades at Hicks.  Now they may not all be from OH of course, but I've seen enough response to believe that they have sufficient enrollment to open more grade levels.

I've seen Woodbury elementary and Stonegate elementary open their doors when the community is still brand new.  All the while we pay so much mello roos for "TUSTIN UNIFIED CFD # 14-1" school facility improvement assessments, but they don't open the school for us.  Look at your tax bill and you will see this section with a big dollar amount next to it.

I believe we need to take more drastic measures such as appearing at the district board meeting in force to make such demand (next one is November 14).

good idea. post the board district meeting details for Nov 14th and I'm sure many of us on TI will show up in support since most of our kids are quite young and we have many more K-8 years to go.

Legit949 said:
Thank you! Not good...

Then they will come back and say it will open in a few years. It has been that way since 2010. Almost a decade later and still same story. These administrator are paid well to do......nothing.

Compressed-Village said:
Legit949 said:
Thank you! Not good...

Then they will come back and say it will open in a few years. It has been that way since 2010. Almost a decade later and still same story. These administrator are paid well to do......nothing.

All talk no action?

Back