Tesla Model 3

Maserson

Anybody planning to put a deposit in person on 3/31?  Or just wait for the online option?

Any clue which location is probably easier?  Costa mesa vs Fashion Island vs Mission Viejo?

I got an email from them today explaining the sign up process. Porsche and Tesla use the same business model. Buy a model S or X today and be first in line for their lesser model.

First delivery not until the end of 2017. Most likely 2018 given Tesla's history of multiple delays.

Irvinecommuter said:
I love the idea of Model 3 but I think I am going to wait for a couple of generations for all the kinks to be worked out. 

Couple generations? 

Tesla might not even last that long. >:D

I've yet to see the X on the road considering I pass by the supercharging station in Costa Mesa (just the street it's on, not the lot since I don't have a tesla) somewhat frequently, see tons and tons of S, and interestingly, no roadster either.

Should be a big hit, just need to ramp up production to meet demand.  Oil prices should rise by then, fueling the demand for electrics.

lnc said:
Irvinecommuter said:
I love the idea of Model 3 but I think I am going to wait for a couple of generations for all the kinks to be worked out. 

Couple generations? 

Tesla might not even last that long. >:D

It's doing fine so far!  I would say I would wait a couple of years before getting one.

Isn't the $7,500 federal subsidy based on 200,000 car quota? You might not get the subsidy if you wait too long and Tesla hits the quota.  Given the price of Model 3, this could be earlier then later unless Congress extends or increases the quota. 

Goriot said:
Isn't the $7,500 federal subsidy based on 200,000 car quota? You might not get the subsidy if you wait too long and Tesla hits the quota.  Given the price of Model 3, this could be earlier then later unless Congress extends or increases the quota.

Apparently..it's based upon the size of your...battery

As defined by the 2009 ACES Act, a PEV is a vehicle which draws propulsion energy from a traction battery with at least 4 kwh of capacity and uses an offboard source of energy to recharge such battery.  The tax credit for new plug-in electric vehicles is worth $2,500 plus $417 for each kilowatt-hour of battery capacity over 4 kwh, and the portion of the credit determined by battery capacity cannot exceed $5,000. Therefore, the maximum amount of the credit allowed for a new PEV is $7,500
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_incentives_for_plug-in_electric_vehicles#United_States

AW said:
I've yet to see the X on the road considering I pass by the supercharging station in Costa Mesa (just the street it's on, not the lot since I don't have a tesla) somewhat frequently, see tons and tons of S, and interestingly, no roadster either.

Should be a big hit, just need to ramp up production to meet demand.  Oil prices should rise by then, fueling the demand for electrics.
Firsts for me...
First time I quoted myself, lol
And first time seeing an X today, someone just drove a dark red into WB, neato

Back