What's coming in orchard hills shopping center?

MagicJ1zz said:
I was at this shopping center many times on the weekends, afternoons to get McDonalds and some gas. orchard hills is most Chinese

The shopping center is not the issue. I think your gf should be cooking for you on Saturday. (Eggs and toast or rice and something)  :)

OH is not dead but desperately needs a new anchor grocery store. Stores that have done well: McDonald's, Chevron, Peet's Coffee, La Sirena Grill, and Zovs.

iacrenter said:
OH is not dead but desperately needs a new anchor grocery store. Stores that have done well: McDonald's, Chevron, Peet's Coffee, La Sirena Grill, and Zovs.

Actually the mall is doing quite well considering it lost it's major/anchor tenant.  The yoga studio and cardio barre has create a ton of traffic and kids from OH school flood the mall in the afternoons. 

Peets and La Sirena are pretty packed all the time and the McD is popular especially during breakfast times. 

With that said, the mall needs to find a major anchor tenant.  Korean/Chinese market with a good food court would be great...a Bristol Farm type would also work.

That McDonalds drive thru should win an award for efficiency.  That line moves fast, they are a well oiled machine in there.

aquabliss said:
That McDonalds drive thru should win an award for efficiency.  That line moves fast, they are a well oiled machine in there.

Been there a few times where they had me pull to the side and wait for my food.. I guess that helps push the line through but still.. #WhereAreMyNuggets

iacrenter said:

I think a Sprout market might do decent there.

jmoney74 said:
iacrenter said:

I like Sprouts.

eyephone said:
jmoney74 said:
iacrenter said:

I like Sprouts.
I would love a Sprouts in the shopping center, but the unit is way too big for it (almost 50,000 sqft). Most Sprouts are a lot smaller. Maybe TIC should consider splitting the unit in two to accommodate a larger pool of potential tenants.
Beyond that though, I think Bristol Farms, Trader Joes, Gelsons, or Ralphs Fresh Fare would be nice. Whole Foods would be great. Having Pavilions back wouldn't be too bad either.

Sprouts, Gelsons, Wholefoods, upscale asian market...  We definitely need a market soon.  I'm getting pretty tired of deciding between Woodbury Ralphs, Irvine Blvd Albertsons, or Jamboree Ralphs. 

The plaza is quite packed most of the day.  Nekter has super long wait.  CVS is getting good business from people that wants to grab something quick.  Most restaurant appears to be doing well if you don't count the ugliness of Ugly Pie. 

I've walked into Ugly Pie with no one inside, not even an employee.  After waiting for 5 minutes I left and has yet to return since.

That MickyD's is also one of the worst I've been to in the area.  Smells like bathroom when you walk in.  They try to blast the AC to get rid of the smell.  Kids meal does not offer carrot sticks in place of fries like some others do.  It gets packed with elementary kids letting out around 2-3pm on weekdays.

Larkfield12 said:
Anyone have any updates or information on the empty grocery store space in Orchard Hills?

Haven't been there in a while now that Ugly Pie is gone. That center seems to be hurting. Surprising, given that it's surrounded by wealth. Peet's is the best thing there right now.

NYT said:
Larkfield12 said:
Anyone have any updates or information on the empty grocery store space in Orchard Hills?

Haven't been there in a while now that Ugly Pie is gone. That center seems to be hurting. Surprising, given that it's surrounded by wealth. Peet's is the best thing there right now.

I like going to Zov's and Ren Asian Bistro every now and again plus I get drinks at the Chevron when I'm making my rounds. 

A Gelsons in OH plaza would be perfect. I'd even take a Wholefoods there. just something. how high can the rent be. Maybe it's time TIC reduces their prices..

Back