Controversial ?Pro-Men? Website Holding Meetups At Irvine Spectrum, Fashion Isla

Irvine P.D. Bulletin released today:

We are aware that a group of people have organized a series of meetings across the country this Saturday, including a possible meeting at Irvine Spectrum. Due to the offensive nature of this group?s philosophy, members of our community are understandably concerned. While this group often discusses hate against women, there have been no direct threats against anyone related to the Irvine meeting. We are actively monitoring the situation and do not expect any safety issues related to this event.

To alleviate community fears, the Irvine Police Department will have additional uniformed officers at Irvine Spectrum during the meeting hours. We are also working with the Irvine Company and Irvine Spectrum Security to ensure peace of mind for community members and visitors.

As always, anyone with information regarding direct threats is asked to contact the Irvine Police Department emergency number at 911 or non-emergency number at 949-724-7000.

The title of the this thread should be a detailed warning in case people do not bother to read.

WATCH OUT FOR THE SPECTRUM ON SATURDAY

Seems like free advertising and hype for this group. I had no idea what they were called until I clicked the link.

Being a member of many extremist groups such as "bring back 2 spaces after a period", I can confirm that the internet is a great enabler for all kinds of fringe folks to appear bigger than they really are.

Back