Author Topic: Taking care of your greatest Asset: Your Physical Health  (Read 47543 times)

Offline qwerty

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2333
  • -Received: 1455
Re: Taking care of your greatest Asset: Your Physical Health
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2017, 08:30:02 PM »
That's awesome panda - good for you man.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Realtor aka Realty King
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1647
  • -Received: 1352
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2017, 10:06:58 PM »
Wow, congrats Panda.  I too took the initiative to drop weight back around Memorial Day weekend when I found out my dad was diagnosed pre-diabetic.  I dropped 80-90% of the carbs out of my diet (all liquid sugars) and use Intermittent Fasting where I now eat 2x day within a 4 hour period.  I now do a 24-27 hour fast once a week and will probably try a 3-5 day fast once a month with the goal of getting back to under 200lbs by next spring. 
Martin Mania
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline yes2

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 18
  • -Received: 3
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2017, 10:14:48 PM »
Congrats Panda & All the Best USCT.

Offline Paris

• Thanks
  • -Given: 168
  • -Received: 143
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2017, 02:08:17 AM »
Amazing Panda! So proud of you!  :) You give us doctors who constantly see obese non-compliant patients with multiple chronic medical issues some hope. I'm seeing more people switch out of processed foods to organic plant based foods and it gives me hope for healthier future generations (than what we face today.) It's amazing how much our personal decisions in health and fitness and simply what we put into our bodies influence our future health, longevity and overall happiness.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1861
  • -Received: 3305
  • 3CWG
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2017, 07:33:47 AM »
Actually, I think Panda looks healthier at 190 than at 150.

Maybe go up to 170, then when you challenge for the lightweight UFC title, drop back down to 155. :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
www.loansbyjw.com

Offline SoCal

• Thanks
  • -Given: 1792
  • -Received: 1465
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2017, 08:17:54 PM »
Panda, congrats on reaching your goal.

I don't see anything wrong with the "before" photo. But if you feel better now and might be around extra long for your family, then that's great!

Offline Panda

• "Live a life that will help others financially, spiritually, physically, and emotionally. Live a life that serves as an example of what an exceptional life could look like."
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 234
  • -Received: 313
    • www.realwealthmanagement.com
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2017, 08:19:37 PM »
Thanks Trojan,

I am no health expert by any means, but I think my ability to lose 40 lbs was 70% change in diet and 30% working out. It feels good mentally to be at my ideal weight. I still love to eat. Matter or fact I had Korean BBQ tonight with a good friend of mine today, however I don't do this on a regular basis.

These are Panda's STAR foods you should try to incorporate in your diet on a regular basis every week: Blueberries, Salmon, Trout, Tuna, Oatmeal, Dark Chocolate, Citrus fruits, Cantaloupes, Honey Dew Papaya, Soy, Tofu, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Red Peppers, Beets.Tomatoes, Nuts, Extra Virgin Oil, Red Wine, Green Tea, Broccoli, Spinach, Kale, Cabbage, Coffee, Avocado, Pomegrade, Dark Beans, Apples, Peaches, Watermelon, Red Grapes, Eggs, Garlic and onion.

I have a goal sheet in my health area as well. Just like finding a vocation of your passion, you should find a sport or exercise you really enjoy.  For me it is playing tennis, swimming, volleyball, roller blading, and rock climbing. Two sports that I am horrible at are golf and basketball. I pretty much suck in any sport where one needs to either hit or throw a ball in a small hole with very little variance which is basketball and golf.

therefore you will not see playing golf or basketball in my health goal list, but if you love to play basketball and golf... you should try to play once or twice a week with your friends. Revive a sport that you were passionate about when you were in your teenage years and it will make weight loss experience a lot more enjoyable.

Here are my Health and Fitness Goal sheet written in my journal (50-59).   

Health and Fitness
50.   Play tennis twice a week.
51.   Reach Ideal Weight of 151.2 lbs
52.   Swim 5 days a week
53.   Play Men's Volleyball League in Alpharetta twice a month
54.   Rock Climbing to tone shoulder, chest, tricep and bicep muscles
55.   Snowboard - Activity I enjoy
56.   Rollerblading on Golf Course Trail twice a week with my boys.
57.   Learn to Hover board on Water
58.   Aerobics exercise once a week.
59.   Live until age 100.

Hope this information helps.

Wow, congrats Panda.  I too took the initiative to drop weight back around Memorial Day weekend when I found out my dad was diagnosed pre-diabetic.  I dropped 80-90% of the carbs out of my diet (all liquid sugars) and use Intermittent Fasting where I now eat 2x day within a 4 hour period.  I now do a 24-27 hour fast once a week and will probably try a 3-5 day fast once a month with the goal of getting back to under 200lbs by next spring. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 05:24:32 AM by Panda »
James Park, MBA
Real Wealth Management, Founder
Real Estate Broker & Principal
Loan Officer
CalBRE# 01894781, NMLS License # 1572291
Direct: (678) 865-6250
Email: jpark@realwealthmanagement.com

Profile: https://www.biggerpockets.com/users/Panda

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Panda

• "Live a life that will help others financially, spiritually, physically, and emotionally. Live a life that serves as an example of what an exceptional life could look like."
  • Thanks
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2017, 06:00:04 PM »
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:44:28 AM by Panda »
James Park, MBA
Loan Officer

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 377
  • -Received: 320
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2017, 12:54:25 PM »
is it me or the old Panda looks like Tim Tebow, who has a wonderful physique. it will be more a challenge to replace those 40 lbs lost with pure, lean muscle, naturally.
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Offline SoCal

• Thanks
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2017, 08:25:26 PM »
On May 22, I posted about a friend who had just been diagnosed with highly aggressive Stage 2 breast cancer that spread to her lymph nodes.

Update for R2D: Today we found out all cancer has disappeared from the MRI. She is cancer-free.

PTL. Very thankful.

Offline Panda

• Thanks
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2017, 08:20:54 AM »

Unlike California, Illinois, and the east coast, Georgia is about 20 years behind when it comes to our sports program. The two sports I loved to play growing up were tennis and volleyball. 1992 was the first year the Illinois High School Association recognized boy's volleyball as a sport. The year is 2017 and Georgia High School Association still has not recognized boy's volleyball as a sport. We have girl's lacrosse and basketball JV/Varsity team, but we don't have a JV/Varsity Volleyball team for boys. I reached out to the GHSA and this was their response. I am the Nextdoor.com lead for my subdivision so I created this ad to get the adults in my subdivision excited to play Volleyball again so their children will want to play volleyball at the high school level. I really hope GHSA acknowledges boy's volleyball as sport in the next 5-7 years.

James – We need 32 schools playing on a regular basis as a club sport, before we can petition to be a GHSA sport.  Over the last four years, the most we have gotten is 20 in a single season.  We do add schools every year, but we do lose others some years, so it is hard to get anywhere near the 32 number.  At your high school cluster, the head coach is Miss Ives.  She has talked over the years about doing a boys program and if you offered to help coach, she might be willing to start-up there.  Since you are interested in getting back into the sport yourself, I would recommend the Friday night league at the SVC.  I attached a link that will give you more information.  It’s basically an open gym night and players divide up by level and play – it’s mens, womens and coed.  They have 5 courts there.  Since your boys are in 2nd grade, maybe we will have made more progress by the time they get to high school!

http://southernvolleyball.com/adult-volleyball/

Thank you for reaching out regarding boys volleyball! The GHSA is looking for a specific number of schools in the Atlanta area to participate with a boys volleyball program in order to sanction the sport. I wish I had a magical time frame, but unfortunately, I do not. I can tell you that the number of schools with teams tends to fluctuate due to a number of reasons, some being that there are interested players but no one willing to coach, that there is a coach but not enough interested players, or not enough support from the athletic department due to it not being sanctioned by GHSA.

Our season is in the spring, when we have access to the courts. I can let you know at that time when and where we play, if you would like to bring your boys to watch. There are also some travel club volleyball teams (not school affiliated) in the Atlanta area that have or are building boys programs that you can get your sons involved with. Some of those include A5 (GA5), Atlanta Extreme, North Atlanta Volleyball Club, and several others.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:47:39 AM by Panda »
James Park, MBA
Loan Officer

Offline SoCal

• Thanks
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2017, 09:46:38 AM »
So, are you going to coach?

Offline Panda

• Thanks
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2017, 10:45:44 AM »

If I was asked to coach the University High or Northwood High Varsity Boy's Volleyball Team.. Heck yeah!

I think we are making progress.

"But it is Clowe’s hope that the GHSA will recognize boys volleyball as a sport in the upcoming years, which would likely result in continuing the rise in popularity of the sport as well as more local schools fielding teams."

http://www.northfulton.com/johnscreekherald/stories/Johns-Creek-helping-to-grow-boys-volleyball-in-Georgia,93398
http://www.northfulton.com/stories/johns-creek-high-school-wins-boys-volleyball-state-tournament,106595
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 07:57:25 AM by Panda »
James Park, MBA
Loan Officer

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]