Teeth Cleaning / Dentist

sell4u

Looking for a quality Dentist office that does customary teeth cleaning in Irvine - that does not charge an arm and a leg for this.  Any recommendations? Anywhere in Irvine is fine, even the outskirts (i.e. Lake Forrest, Costa Mesa, etc..) that's fine too!  Thank you.

The best dentists I know are:
Dr. Briana Chavez (near south coast plaza)
Dr. Sean Yu (4980 barranca pkwy)

You can Check their yelp page for phone # and reviews.

Dr. Dinh at Dentistry Bliss in Woodbury Town Center.

He's the best, and no we're not related even though his practice has a "Bliss" in it.

Remember though, normally for a cleaning, the dentist will pay you a visit but your cleaning will be done by the hygienist.  The Dentist will of course do any fillings, deep cleanings, crowns, etc.

+1 for Dr. Sean Yu.  Like someone mentioned, the doctor rarely cleans your teeth and just shows up at the end to check the work and explains the test results.  He did clean my teeth once when it was really busy. But he is pleasant and doesn't shame me like some other dentists if I didn't floss well enough, etc.  I'm too old for that.  :)

Another thing I like about his office is that they don't push unnecessary things on you.  At some other places, after each teeth cleaning, they would be trying to set up appointments to pull out existing crowns because they were a little stained or there was possibility that a certain crown would fall out.  Five years later, nothing has fallen out yet.  :)  I used to dread the appointments so I tended to not go every 6 months but everyone at his office makes it a pleasant experience so I go twice a year now.

jayjaym3 said:
The best dentists I know are:
Dr. Briana Chavez (near south coast plaza)
Dr. Sean Yu (4980 barranca pkwy)

You can Check their yelp page for phone # and reviews.

qwerty said:
Dr najaran at sand canyon dental
http://m.sandcanyondentistry.com

Random, I used to use her as my dentist, but changed a few years ago.  She is very friendly and follows-up personally after a procedure is done, but the office is run too business like (time is money philosophy and use the lowest skilled person for a procedure).  For example, every procedure is done by someone different.  The polishing is one person, the cleaning is done by a separate hygienist and Dr. Najaran just comes in for 2 minutes or so to do a quick check at the end.  The hygienists also don't seem to stick around.  I always got someone different during my bi-annual check-ups and the new hygienist would say the previous one left.  This is not a good sign for a dental practice.

My concern has always been the quick 2 minute check-up by Dr. Najaran.  During one appointment she found a huge cavity.  Cavities don't start huge so she most likely missed it when it was smaller during my previous check-ups.  I go every 6 months like clock-work since I'm obsessed with my teeth.

The final incident that got me to leave was when I mentioned that I had a bad taste coming from one of my molars.  She had a quick look and mentioned nothing looked out of the ordinary and noted it for follow-up in 6 months.  Anyway, I went to another dentist right after since I wanted a second option.  The new dentist saw that I had a lesion on the root of that tooth which was causing bacteria to leak.  She referred  me right away to an endodontist for a root canal.  Again, lesions don't suddenly grow large.  They start small and continue to grow until it gets large enough for symptoms to occur.  I always got x-rays done with Dr. Najaran (I insisted on twice a year x-rays to make sure things like this were caught early) so she had the same info as my new Dentist.  Who knows what would have happened to that tooth if I had waited another 6 months. 

+1 Sean yu's office. Cleanings are good, front desk schedules well.  Best part is no upsell. Can't believe how many unnecessary procedures I've been offered at other locations.

This may seem kinda wild to most Irvine-ites, but I go down to Tijuana (don't laugh) for all my dental work, 50 bucks to get my cavities filled with the same materials that would cost 250 per up here.  Washington Dental, english dentists, state of the art modern machines/technology and no issues.  I'd have absolutely no reservations going down there for something more serious like a root canal if necessary.  Just figured I throw this out of the box suggestion for those inclined to make a short trip down south.
http://www.washingtondentalclinics.com/

IrvineOnTheWknds said:
This may seem kinda wild to most Irvine-ites, but I go down to Tijuana (don't laugh) for all my dental work, 50 bucks to get my cavities filled with the same materials that would cost 250 per up here.  Washington Dental, english dentists, state of the art modern machines/technology and no issues.  I'd have absolutely no reservations going down there for something more serious like a root canal if necessary.  Just figured I throw this out of the box suggestion for those inclined to make a short trip down south.
http://www.washingtondentalclinics.com/

And the best part is the donkey show next door after you're done

B2FiNiTY said:
Anyone pay out of pocket? Whats the range for just a cleaning?

If you don't mind a drive to Stanton, call Jeff and ask if he has any new patient teeth cleaning discounts:http://www.stantondentalcare.com/

That area of Stanton (Katella) has many dental clinics and are very competitive.  Jeff does a great job at teeth cleaning.

Had my 1st visit yesterday at Dr. Yu's office (teeth clean).  It was positive and enjoyable.  I'll be returning. Thanks again for those who referred Dr. Yu's office.

What I want to find is a dentist who does Zoom bleaching or similar, chair-side. It seems like nobody offers it anymore. It used to be really popular. My dentist's office is state of the art. She does not offer it. I've checked like three other dentists who are into cosmetic dentistry. None of them do it. Yeah, yeah, I know... dehydrated enamel, blah blah, sensitivity, blah. I don't care. I'm so sick of messing around with bleaching trays.

Back