Looking for Advice and a Realtor

NathanIrvine

We are considering putting our home in Pavilion Park for sale as I am getting transferred to another city.  It is a Shea Sagewood Plan 2 with an extended living room.  The landscaping is done and we certainly have a lot of upgrades.

1) Does it make sense to put the house for sell in January or should we wait till June ?  Does it make that much of a difference?

2) We are also looking for a realtor to list with.  If you have done business in the Park Pavilion, Cypress, Portola Springs , then I would like to talk to you.

Please send me an email at ncs_la@yahoo.com with the following information:
1) Homes that you have sold or represented buyers at in the neighborhoods listed above.
2) Information about you and your company with a link to the website
3) Any thoughts you might have on what differentiates you from the other brokers.

I will be going through the responses and selecting a few to come by for a discussion.

--Nathan

I think there's another plan 2 sagewood on the market right now.  Sitting. Tough time to sell a house from what I've been seeing. But talk to the experts and see. I recommend USCTrojanman aka Martin. Good luck! 

Bullsback said:
That other plan 2 is priced too high though. Price is more competitive and I think stuff would move. 

Well yea, the million dollar question is price. Two other Plan 2s closed earlier this year at $1.4M+ so I'm sure plan 2 owners are looking for the same even though the market is slightly different now.  Also, the one currently listed is in a subpar location compared to the other two that sold.

bones said:
Bullsback said:
That other plan 2 is priced too high though. Price is more competitive and I think stuff would move. 

Well yea, the million dollar question is price. Two other Plan 2s closed earlier this year at $1.4M+ so I'm sure plan 2 owners are looking for the same even though the market is slightly different now.  Also, the one currently listed is in a subpar location compared to the other two that sold.
The 2 that closed had pretty significant upgrades, as well, correct? If I recall, their was one which basically they made the thing look just like the model (or am I mistaking the plans). 

The $1m+ market has softened up a good bit since the late spring/early summer.  That being said, tastefully upgraded homes with larger lots will command premium pricing even in the current market.

NathanIrvine said:
Do you guys think the time of the year makes a difference?  January versus June?

I've sold several listings in Jan-April with good success, partially due to limited competition from other listings.  Both this summer and last summer had a slow down.  Irvine buyers are looking to buy year around.

ps9 said:
Slow down during Chinese New Year (Feb 7-13)?
But right after is when they just got all those nice red envelopes.  Proceed straight to buying a house.  >:D

NathanIrvine said:
Do you guys think the time of the year makes a difference?  January versus June?

I think the question really is, do people think the market will heat up again in mid 2016 and that's crystal ball stuff.  In terms of new home supply, I don't see any more between now and June 2016 - I think the Eastwood stuff is all smaller. 

Bullsback said:
bones said:
Bullsback said:

The 2 that closed had pretty significant upgrades, as well, correct? If I recall, their was one which basically they made the thing look just like the model (or am I mistaking the plans). 

Don't remember either, but neither made an impression so I'm assuming it wasn't "significantly" upgraded.  One even sold without landscaping IIRC.

I would HIGHLY recommend USCTrojanCPA to represent you as a realtor.  His approach is very disruptive to the status quo in the real estate industry, and it's quite refreshing.  We listed and sold our property with him just this past July, and he got us 8 over-asking offers, and we sold $75K over list, and $25K over projection.  His strategies are sound, and he has a great pulse on both resale and new construction markets.  He will give you brutally honest answers, and it will all be in your best interest.  Many realtors will give you false expectations, and it will result in lost marketing time, stress, and botched negotiations.  USCTrojanCPA is someone I trust to minimize risks while maximizing gain.

That said, the market for homes in that price range is definitely soft.  The plan 2 Sagewood on Allium has been on the market an awfully long time.  That is a GREAT example of an agent that doesn't know what she is doing...they have open houses EVERY weekend, and they've only had 1 price reduction.  That property has ZERO upgrades, and the landscaping is BARE MINIMUM.  I doubt that property sells for much higher than $1.2M.  The upside for you is that you will be competing with that listing, and if you've upgraded your property at ALL, stage it attractively, and price it properly, you should be able to generate interest, even in this soft market.

Best of luck to you...real estate transactions are never easy/simple, but if you have the right team on your side, you should be ok.  Give USCTrojanCPA a chance, you won't regret it.

BigLotsFTW said:
I would HIGHLY recommend USCTrojanCPA to represent you as a realtor.  His approach is very disruptive to the status quo in the real estate industry, and it's quite refreshing.  We listed and sold our property with him just this past July, and he got us 8 over-asking offers, and we sold $75K over list, and $25K over projection.  His strategies are sound, and he has a great pulse on both resale and new construction markets.  He will give you brutally honest answers, and it will all be in your best interest.  Many realtors will give you false expectations, and it will result in lost marketing time, stress, and botched negotiations.  USCTrojanCPA is someone I trust to minimize risks while maximizing gain.

That said, the market for homes in that price range is definitely soft.  The plan 2 Sagewood on Allium has been on the market an awfully long time.  That is a GREAT example of an agent that doesn't know what she is doing...they have open houses EVERY weekend, and they've only had 1 price reduction.  That property has ZERO upgrades, and the landscaping is BARE MINIMUM.  I doubt that property sells for much higher than $1.2M.  The upside for you is that you will be competing with that listing, and if you've upgraded your property at ALL, stage it attractively, and price it properly, you should be able to generate interest, even in this soft market.

Best of luck to you...real estate transactions are never easy/simple, but if you have the right team on your side, you should be ok.  Give USCTrojanCPA a chance, you won't regret it.

I havent looked in this area much but it seems like comparable beacon park homes may be priced lower than this house in PP?  If so, i agree this person is going to have a tough time selling.  Pricing seems like everything now a days.  Price well or have your house sit...

USC TrojanCPA is okay... he only sold my previous house in WBE for $66k over list price!  I also used him to get my new house and he kicked back a lot of Co-Op proceeds.

I can vouch for Martin... pretty easy going guy, straight to the point and no fluff.  Highly recommended.

Back