Paris Attacks

eyephone

Unfortunate news

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/14/world/europe/paris-shooting-attacks.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.com/

Word is that hotel bookings in Paris dropped by 50%.  There may be good deals coming soon for those who'd like to take a vacation and support the French tourism industry in time of need.  Your dollars (or Euros) spent in Paris will go further to help them than tri-color photos on FB.

She was a student of my High School classmate a teacher at Whittier HS. She was a great student in design and went to Paris to be inspired.

"French soldiers opened fire on a man wielding a machete who shouted "Allahu akbar" as he attacked them near the Louvre museum in Paris on Friday. The attacker was seriously wounded and has been hospitalized.

Austin Chang, 34, a tourist from Taiwan, was visiting Paris for the first time and went to the Louvre on Wednesday.
"It's terrible," he said of the attack. "The terrorists always attack the place with tourists or with lots of people. I was lucky maybe. Maybe it's dangerous but I still like the city very much and I still appreciate the things in Paris."

President Trump tweeted Friday: "A new radical Islamic terrorist has just attacked in Louvre Museum in Paris. Tourists were locked down. France on edge again. GET SMART U.S.""
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/02/03/soldier-louvre-paris/97436606/

My comment: France needs to think about stepping up security and changing its policies.

Suicide by cop.

Seriously a person with a big knife went after armed military personnel, that says mental illness or than terrorist.

nosuchreality said:
Suicide by cop.

Seriously a person with a big knife went after armed military personnel, that says mental illness or than terrorist.

That guy shouted "Allahu akbar" as he attacked them near the Louvre museum in Paris, according to the article below. Sounds like he is radicalized or a inspired terrorist or maybe both. I think people living in Paris had enough with this BS. They welcome people to their country and then they attack them because of the difference in culture or religion beliefs.

#unbelievable

eyephone said:
nosuchreality said:
Suicide by cop.

That guy shouted "Allahu akbar" as he attacked them near the Louvre museum in Paris, according to the article below. Sounds like he is radicalized or a inspired terrorist or maybe both. I think people living in Paris had enough with this BS. They welcome people to their country and then they attack them because of the difference in culture or religion beliefs.

#unbelievable

All this outrage yet everyone on the right-wing is mum about what happened in Quebec ...

peppy said:
eyephone said:
nosuchreality said:
Suicide by cop.

#unbelievable

All this outrage yet everyone on the right-wing is mum about what happened in Quebec ...

Nope, and not a peep nor a tweet from the King of Trolls regarding the white terrorist who just attacked a mosque in the US.

peppy said:
eyephone said:
nosuchreality said:
Suicide by cop.

#unbelievable

Seems like there are some previous history in Quebec. (Seems like is an exception)
Look at my previous posts regarding attacks in France. (Seems like an epedemic)

"Security forces shot dead a man who tried to seize a soldier's gun at Paris Orly airport on Saturday.

The man, identified as a 39-year-old radicalized Muslim who was already on the radar of police and intelligence services, had earlier shot and wounded a police officer with an air gun after a routine traffic stop north of Paris, officials said.

The events that led to the airport shooting
Saturday's train of events began at Stains, near Le Bourget airport in northern Paris, where the man fled in a car after he shot and wounded a police officer at a road check.

Soon afterwards, he was involved in a carjacking in another Paris suburb Vitry where he threatened customers of a bar, Interior Minister Bruno Le Roux told reporters.

Soon afterward at Orly, he tried to seize a Famas assault rifle from a young woman air force member who was patrolling the airport as part of the army's "Sentinelle" security operation."

Source:http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN16P07W

Back