North Italia to replace CPK in Irvine

WTTCHMN

North Italia, pizza eatery by True Food Kitchen owner, to replace CPK in Irvine

Nov. 11, 2015 Updated 4:56 p.m.

By NANCY LUNA / STAFF WRITER

North Italia, a modern full-service pizza and pasta restaurant, is opening its first Orange County restaurant next month.

Phoenix-based Fox Restaurant Concepts, the parent company of several dining concepts that includes True Food Kitchen in Newport Beach, is hosting a job fair for North Italia this month.

The 6,094-square-foot restaurant is taking over the former California Pizza Kitchen space at Park Place in Irvine. The center is also home to Ruth?s Chris Steak House.

The sleek pizzeria features a menu of 11-inch hand stretched pizzas cooked in a stone pizza oven. The rustic, charred and bubble-crusted pizzas include the Funghi, topped with roasted mushrooms, cipollini onions and smoked mozzarella, as well as a classic Margherita pizza. North Italia also sells fresh pastas, salads and sandwiches.

Irvine will be the chain?s ninth location and the second in California. The first one opened this summer in El Segundo. Other restaurants are in Arizona, Colorado, Kansas and Texas.

Had lunch here and ordered the short rib radiatori, which was very good.  The short rib was very tender and was well seasoned, the pasta was perfectly al dente.  Expensive for lunch at 24.00 for the pasta, but someone else picked up the bill, so it's fine.  I probably won't eat here unless it's for a special occasion or if someone else is buying.

I went with my family when they were in town.  Definitely would go back.  I wasn't a fan of their bolognese, but their strozapretti was awesome.  Their zuchinni chips are good, but hard to eat, would have been nicer if they were thicker.  The bombolini desert was very good as well and I'm not a fan of lemon. 

akkord said:
iacrenter said:
I'd say it is good but not great. I would rather spend my money at other places.

What other Italian places would you recommend in the area?

I like Canaletto @ Fashion Island, Cucina Enoteca, and Andrea at Pelican Hill.

Finally went here. Way more crowded than CPK. :)

Very expensive but the food was decent.

I think Cucina Enoteca might be better. Going to try Caffe Pinguini in Qual Hill (replaced Lucca Cafe).

irvinehomeowner said:

I think Cucina Enoteca might be better. Going to try Caffe Pinguini in Qual Hill (replaced Lucca Cafe).

Glad to see that you have got your tax refund

Irvine Dream said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Wow!  What a comment. ;) :D

Irvine Dream said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I wish. Haven't had a tax refund since before I was married. Always underpay taxes so we put our money where we want to and not just in Big Gov's pockets.

I like this place a lot, garlic cheese bread is good and the short rib thing is nice.  This place should take the place of CPK @ Spectrum, it would do much better.

aquabliss said:
I like this place a lot, garlic cheese bread is good and the short rib thing is nice.  This place should take the place of CPK @ Spectrum, it would do much better.

The CPK @ Spectrum is so 'blah'....but I doubt North Italia would replace it because Cucina is already there.  Seems like the Spectrum is a lot of various cuisines already covered...anything missing? 

irvinehomeowner said:
Irvine Dream said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I wish. Haven't had a tax refund since before I was married. Always underpay taxes so we put our money where we want to and not just in Big Gov's pockets.

The comment ID made was a notch above using a coupon.

eyephone said:

Actually it was a harmless attempt at humor since suddenly IHO was posting a lot about eating out at [expensive] restaurant.  Who am I to look down on IHO, eventhough he is not a 1% he still lives south of 405 and I am still here waiting for ...

I like to mix it up... Del Taco, North, Luna Grill, McDonalds, TAPS, Shik, ... although I don't eat at those expensive steak places.

Hmm... the cheap ones my wife doesn't go to... and then when we go out, it's always expensive... pattern?

irvinehomeowner said:
Hmm... the cheap ones my wife doesn't go to... and then when we go out, it's always expensive... pattern?

Dude, just hit up the drive-through on your way home, put it on your wedding china, and be like, "M'lady..."

18119032_1721405717883568_2491449298714954241_n.jpg

Irvine Dream said:
eyephone said:

Actually it was a harmless attempt at humor since suddenly IHO was posting a lot about eating out at [expensive] restaurant.  Who am I to look down on IHO, eventhough he is not a 1% he still lives south of 405 and I am still here waiting for ...

Tried Caffe Pinguine (their logo is actually a penguin) at QH the other day... food is good but don't think we'll be back. A bit too fru-fru and overpriced.

I still think Tutto Famiglia in Lake Forest is better than all these places (we also like Peppino's and Roma D'Italia)... but if you are going to spend that much money, I think North or Cucina are better.

I also like Macaroni Grill, but the Mrs. not so much.

Back