Portola Springs III

irviniteeee

Just got an email today about the 5 new tracts opening in Portola Springs in "early 2016" they say. No pricing on most of them yet.

Indigo (flats and townhomes)
California Pacific Homes
1,178 - 1,822 Sq. Ft.

The Vine (one and two story flats)
William Lyon Homes
1,235 - 1,702 Sq. Ft.

Silverleaf (detached condos)
California Pacific Homes
1,636 - 1,644 Sq. Ft.

Legado (single family detached and attached)
Brookfield Residential
2,040 - 2,382 Sq. Ft.
From the $800,000s

Cressa (single family detached)
The New Home Company
2,400 - 2,815 Sq. Ft.

Eta on that will be?
I think my kids would've graduated college by then..

PS III is interesting in that it's in a better location than PS I and PS II IMO.

It's also a better location than BP...and probably without the extra MRs.

I believe the MR at PS 3 will definitely more reasonable than BP.  Also if pass new home price at PS2 is any indication, Portola Springs 3's price will be very competitive.  PS 3 will definitely give BP a run for their money.

AW said:
Eta on that will be?
I think my kids would've graduated college by then..

Not sure when but I already see them grading the hills behind the PS elementary school. It all depends how fast PS III sells out.

acf said:
What makes the PSIII location better than the other locations?

PS3 will be at Modjeska @ Irvine Blvd... away from 133, 241, Portola Parkway and landfill. Less noise and pollution. It will be bounded to the east and south by Great Park homes and the Great Park itself will only be a 5 minute drive.

Basically PS zoning and hopefully lower MR, with the benefit of freeloading all the nice GP amenities on the weekends.

One potential problem I see is commuting on the 5 or 405... don't see easy freeway access except Irvine Blvd leading to Sand Canyon, 133 or Alton.

Portola Springs 3 anticipated pricing is online.

Indigo
Low $500,000's

The Vine
High $400,00's

Silverleaf
High $600,000's

Legado
Low $800,000's

Cressa
High $900,000's

irviniteeee said:
Just got an email today about the 5 new tracts opening in Portola Springs in "early 2016" they say. No pricing on most of them yet.

Indigo (flats and townhomes)
California Pacific Homes
1,178 - 1,822 Sq. Ft.

The Vine (one and two story flats)
William Lyon Homes
1,235 - 1,702 Sq. Ft.

Silverleaf (detached condos)
California Pacific Homes
1,636 - 1,644 Sq. Ft.

Legado (single family detached and attached)
Brookfield Residential
2,040 - 2,382 Sq. Ft.
From the $800,000s

Cressa (single family detached)
The New Home Company
2,400 - 2,815 Sq. Ft.

Will any FCB's buy here?  This community is wayyyy closer to the cemetery plot than PP and BP.  Virtually across the street.

The closer these neighborhoods get to Alton, the better bargain they make Baker Ranch look.

aquabliss said:
Will any FCB's buy here?  This community is wayyyy closer to the cemetery plot than PP and BP.  Virtually across the street.

I highly doubt it. At least with BP and PP it's out of sight out of mind most of the time, especially if you don't have to drive by it every day dropping your kids off at the high school. But, living across the street? Fuhgettaboutit!

Based upon recent builds in Portola Springs (the two newer communities to the East of Lambert Ranch), I am anticipating the new PS III to be just as dense and claustrophobic.  The days, of roomy, lush, open communities are gone.  It's all about how many homes they can fit in a single community...

IrvineNinja said:
Based upon recent builds in Portola Springs (the two newer communities to the East of Lambert Ranch), I am anticipating the new PS III to be just as dense and claustrophobic.  The days, of roomy, lush, open communities are gone.  It's all about how many homes they can fit in a single community...

Welcome to the new Irvine -- not much excitement or value from TIC for years

iacrenter said:
IrvineNinja said:

Welcome to the new Irvine -- not much excitement or value from TIC for years

Wow...I guess you don't travel outside of Irvine much.  There a tens of thousands of acres dedicated to 'open space'.  Try venturing outside of Irvine and you may realize how nice this place really is. 

On a side note, do you think this proposed Veterans Cemetery will actually get built? Does't the city of Irvine have any say in the matter? I know the citizens of Irvine would definitely strike it down. 

Back