Free trades, Robinhood app

Been using this the past few days.  Really liking the ease of trades and the real time view of your money.  Give it a try.  Much much easier than my old capital one broker.  And did I say free trades?

That does look interesting. Wished it had free options trading. 

Depending on your bank, you may get free trades through them if you have high enough balance. Balance like mortgage balance that you owe...

I bet the banks format is way clunkier than this.  So basically launch app, fingerprint to open, see your positions in real time.  Execute trade in a few seconds...

Kinda makes it too easy, which could be bad

Yeah.  Banks interface is always like 5 years old technology. 
Now our quotes are only 10 minutes delayed instead of 20...

I've been using Robinhood for a while now and I love it. Nothing beats free. One caveat is that it takes them a few days to process your funds once you get your profits after selling. They sit as "unsettled funds."

happytales said:
I've been using Robinhood for a while now and I love it. Nothing beats free. One caveat is that it takes them a few days to process your funds once you get your profits after selling. They sit as "unsettled funds."

Supposedly they will have margin accounts soon, so we can utilize unsettled funds without freeriding.

3 day waiting period over!  Got the email this morning, but it looks like there is a wait list to get that feature for your account.  What a tease

Upgraded to Gold for $10/month, now they claim I have access to pre and post market hours, so I can start losing money as early as 6am and as late as 3pm, nice :)

Back