Who dresses up for Halloween at work?

Do you dress up for Halloween at work?

• Yes, every year.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Nevarrrr!

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sometimes, if I have a good costume idea.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Only for the work Halloween party.

• Not at work but for trick or treating with the kids or a friends/family Halloween party.

• Other (please explain if you can)

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

irvinehomeowner

I think this is the first year I fully dressed up for Halloween. Previous years I would just wear a Halloween shirt or a mask, but this year I went full out and dressed up like a [IrvineDream Shield Activated].

This was also the first year I made a costume for one of my kids. It really put my hot glue gun and sewing skills to the test. It was their idea and they were a [bones Anti-Stalking Protection].

I didn't realize that the schools let the kids dress up so they were excited to do so.

Do any of you wear costumes to work?

Sure do. Highlight of the year. So far we have:

Ace Ventura
The Penguin from "Billy Madison"
Amy Winehouse
I'm Doc Brown from BTTF.
A great Hawaiian Queen costume.

Winner so far thoguh is an absolutely craptacular "Iron Man". The guy looks like he's wearing a red garbage bag, cut out a yellow triangle from construction paper for the centerpiece. Same paper for his mask. Tiny slits for eyes. The center "arc reactor" is a white Starbucks hot beverage lid. It's cheapness has won the day here.

Fun times.

ps9 said:
My kids school said no costumes, we wouldn't have dressed up anyways but I bet some kids are disappointed.
Are you in TUSD? :)

Hmm... must be on a school by school basis.

But your kid(s) do have a costume for tomorrow or do you boycott Hallowed Eve?

Iho, I didn't know you knew your way around a hot glue gun and thimble. Very impressive! I have to see what you made! Hand on the Bible, I will honor your privacy. Did you do it all by yourself? Making my kid's costume is one of those things I've been meaning to do for, oh, the past ten years. I don't know if I'll ever get around to it before the youngest is too old to go TOT'ing but I think the best and most creative ones are homemade, for sure!

Eh... nothing spectacular.

Been crafty since my childhood when we didn't have Internet and video games... so I made stuff to keep me occupied.

I've done a variety of costumes for non-Halloween stuff... basic historical type garbs for reports and presentations. Didn't really have to look that good so never did it for Halloween but this year my kid insisted. They were supposed to do it themselves but waited last minute and you know how that goes.

irvinehomeowner said:

Been crafty since my childhood when we didn't have Internet and video games... so I made stuff to keep me occupied.

I've done a variety of costumes for non-Halloween stuff... basic historical type garbs for reports and presentations. Didn't really have to look that good so never did it for Halloween but this year my kid insisted. They were supposed to do it themselves but waited last minute and you know how that goes.

So you're saying yet another irvine kid who got a decent grade on an assignments because their parents did the assignments?

nosuchreality said:
irvinehomeowner said:

So you're saying yet another irvine kid who got a decent grade on an assignments because their parents did the assignments?
Yep.

I think I'm a science fair co-project lead too. :)

To be fair, the stuff was just flair and didn't actually count towards the grade, the kids were graded on the content of the report which I had no part of (although I can't say the same for mommy).

10422274_986641194728998_3547787301025316640_n.jpg

Rather than start another Halloween thread, I'll just add to this one.

Usually every year, we leave our candy bowl out because we all go TOTing but last year, someone took all the candy so we split up and one of of us stayed home while the other took the kids around.

This video reminded me of what happened to our candy last year:
https://youtu.be/U1TNQr-WzU4

Halloween traffic seemed higher than normal this year. We actually hit a few different neighborhoods to get a feel of what it's like in different tracts in Irvine and also because the kids didn't feel the bags where "heavy" enough.

One house was serving not only candy, but actual food (I think it was hot dogs and sandwiches with chips and drinks). Some had games and I'm really surprised how all out some houses go with decorations and stuff. I think it being a Saturday helped with how many people were out and about.

They should make Halloween like Thanksgiving, the last Saturday of October. :)

Next time it falls on a Saturday, def prepare for heavier traffic.
Latest one came knocking at 11pm... Kinda late IMO...

Reviving for 2016.

My boss asked me to dress up. Be careful what you wish for. Being a middle-aged, blond, Caucasian woman has its advantages this year. I went to the party store today, looking for a last-minute Hillary Clinton mask to pair with an orange jumpsuit. They were sold out of Clintons. Tough luck. Ended up getting something almost as scary...

I'm going to the office as The Tang Menace. Got the hair,  the red tie, and a metric boatload of orange makeup. Gonna be Yuuuuge!

SoCal said:
Reviving for 2016.

My boss asked me to dress up. Be careful what you wish for. Being a middle-aged, blond, Caucasian woman has its advantages this year. I went to the party store today, looking for a last-minute Hillary Clinton mask to pair with an orange jumpsuit. They were sold out of Clintons. Tough luck. Ended up getting something almost as scary...

Becareful what you wish for. No trade will increase the price of almost everything. Then add the US union workers which will add additional costs.

Back